It’s a Toffee! (West Ham vs Everton match thread) 10.01.20 KO 3pm.

1235»

Comments

• so our last 16 fixtures

Leicester - Away
    Liverpool - Home
    Brighton - Home
    Man City - Away
    Liverpool - Away
    Southampton - Home
    Arsenal - Away
    Wolves - Home
    Spurs - Away
    Chelsea - Home
    Newcastle - Away
    Burnley - Home
    Norwich - Away
    Watford - Home
    Man U - Away
    Villa - Home
  • We’ve dropped 17 points from winning positions this season. That’s criminal.

Moyes needs to get on that.
  • edited January 2020

We’ve dropped 17 points from winning positions this season. That’s criminal.

Moyes needs to get on that.

Players ain't got the minerals
  • Those fixtures are horrendous
  • Just back thought it was an ok performance with the players missing , disappointing to concede so soon after taking the lead. Noble gave the ball away way too much in dangerous positions nearly cost us a few times . We lack so much pace in midfield seeing noble jogging back 15 yards behind the play proves we need a box to box midfielder .
  • edited January 2020

so our last 16 fixtures

Leicester - Away
    Liverpool - Home
    Brighton - Home
    Man City - Away
    Liverpool - Away
    Southampton - Home
    Arsenal - Away
    Wolves - Home
    Spurs - Away
    Chelsea - Home
    Newcastle - Away
    Burnley - Home
    Norwich - Away
    Watford - Home
    Man U - Away
    Villa - Home

15 points from these gets us to 38 points, which should be enough to keep us up. 5 wins.

On paper, the Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, Norwich, Watford and Villa games represent our best opportunities to get those wins, so we have a decent chance, but we need some more options in the squad. Big two weeks for Sullivan to get those players in.
  • OCS I imagine (more hope) that the teams around us also have horrendous run ins. I notice Newcastle picked up a win against Chelsea tonight so they’re on 29 now.
  • so our last 16 fixtures

Leicester - Away
    Liverpool - Home
    Brighton - Home
    Man City - Away
    Liverpool - Away
    Southampton - Home
    Arsenal - Away
    Wolves - Home
    Spurs - Away
    Chelsea - Home
    Newcastle - Away
    Burnley - Home
    Norwich - Away
    Watford - Home
    Man U - Away
    Villa - Home

15 points from these gets us to 38 points, which should be enough to keep us up. 5 wins.

On paper, the Brighton, Southampton, Burnley, Norwich, Watford and Villa games represent our best opportunities to get those wins, so we have a decent chance, but we need some more options in the squad. Big two weeks for Sullivan to get those players in.
    I know what you’re saying, but it never works out like this. We could easily lose some of these and win some others.

I think Moyes will give us a chance in all our home games. Anybody can beat anybody in this league.

We’ll be fine.

Edit: All our home games except Liverpool, I mean. We have no chance against them.

• Edit: All our home games except Liverpool, I mean. We have no chance against them.

Just so happens this is the only game I have tickets for

Let's shock the world!!!
  • edited January 2020
    We’re gonna have to probably avoid defeat at Leicester as a minimum, then ensure we beat Brighton. Leaving us with 27 points from 27 games. Then it’s about getting us another 11 points or so from the remaining games. Somebody said it, basically all the remaining home games are massive (excluding Liverpool, which we will lose). We need to make sure we stay unbeaten in all the others.

Shame we are back in this position again though.
  • edited January 2020
    Apologies if its been mentioned, but when we're struggling for players ( and he's struggling for game time ) how dumb was Albian Ajeti with that backwards headbutt?
  • Pretty stupid I know ,But I did like the way he put himself about and never gave up .not seen that before of him
  • I reckon we could lose Ajeti for a few games once the FA review the footage of his head butt.
  • I reckon we could lose Ajeti for a few games once the FA review the footage of his head butt.

The ref has made his decision and left it as is even after a VAR review, so under the rules he has seen it and made his decision, so there should be no reason for the FA to review it. Except of course "it's that dodgy West Ham lot".
  • According to MOTD last night the FA can review it as the referee didn't see it at the time, and the fact VAR looked at it does not change that, strange I agree. Hopefully they will not as the way the Everton player went down he was just looking to get a player sent off.
  • We just saw a glimpse of how Haller and Ajeti could work as a pair up top, there was a flick on between them and I am praying that we see more of that going forward.

Haller is decent and I think that Ajeti would improve alongside him, I see no reason why they should not be able to boost each other’s confidence and build a decent partnership

:pray:
  • Just watched the build up to Everton's goal.
    It started from a free kick given against Haller for a foul on Mina on the edge of their penalty area. Mina blatantly dived and it should have been a corner to us. :angry:
  • Wolves winner at Southampton. Handball anyone?
  • No excuse for Ajeti but it looked (to a very unbiased observer such as myself) like Holgate got right up behind Ajeti and lifted his knee into the back of his thigh provoking the reaction and then simulated a head injury causing the play to be stopped.

C&H say 6pm Tuesday deadline for FA decision
  • Herb, who and where? I've just looked at the highlights, was it where Traore received the long punt from Wolves penalty area?
  • The winning goal against Southampton. When he first receives the ball it comes off his arm before he set off on a run and set up the goal.

At 2min 30secs
  • That's where I thought it might have been but I wasn't sure :ok:
  • edited January 2020
    Brother Sledge, the right result would be a yellow or red for Holegate for provoking the reaction and the extreme simulation afterwards whose sole intention was to get Ajeti carded.
  • edited January 2020
    I guess the only difference is you might argue the defender's handling of Traore is actually what caused the contact, whereas Rice hasn't had his body moved into the direction of the ball. Not sure that's really an exception under this stupid rule though. It's also much further out - inside their half and two passes before the goal.

Just an example of how illogical this rule is.
  • Outcast as per my post on another thread. Had the Rice incident happened in our penalty area and he then ran the length of the field and passed to Snodders who scored VAR would have disallowed it because it was a handball which directly resulted in a goal by Rice or whoever he passed to. Therefore it is a free kick for handball as stated by a ref.
    However VAR would have also looked at it for a possible penalty but said it was not a penalty because it wasn’t handball because it was accidental.
    So in this instance it’s both handball and not handball and if it is a free kick would it be taken in our penalty area. The ref couldn’t decide which shows how this rule needs seriously looking at.
    Granted the chances of this happening are thinner than slim especially at West Ham but this question was raised in relation to Son’s Spurs goal where he ran the length of the field.
This discussion has been closed.