It’s a Toffee! (West Ham vs Everton match thread) 10.01.20 KO 3pm.

Comments

• Haller through and once again I feel that a striker in form would have done better, shame Arthur is not playing as we seem to have plenty of space on the left hand side
  • edited January 2020
    Fornals & Lanzini so far IMO not doing enough & Haller a bit wasteful.
  • We’ve finally figured out it’s a good idea to cross balls into Haller. Hopefully he’ll convert one of them.
  • Get in :goal: Diop!!!!!
  • DIOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That didn’t last long.
  • More rubbish defending
  • :doh: :doh:
  • edited January 2020
    Oh dear, that didn’t last long - disappointing as Everton have not offered anything up until then
  • I thought we were much the better side. Deserved to be ahead and unlucky to be level now.

We'll win this. Haller will score.
  • Their goal all stemmed from a dive by Yerry Mina at the other end when they got a free kick that should have been a corner to us. :angry:
  • Not sure I agree with much better Jorderz, perhaps edged it IMO.
    But Haller been wasteful, has to take that chance, great save at end from Pickford.
    Again IMO Fornals & lanzini need to do much, much more...
    IMO a loss is on it's way, hope u the right 1 Jorderz.
  • He did just create a good chance for Fornals, but Zaba is a liability now at this level. Shocking defending for their goal. I'm not denying he's a model professional, but he's just not good enough any more imo.
  • Haller needs to start banging in goals or his price tag and contribution are going to end up making him a target fast, feels like a slighty better Benteke at the moment...
  • Come on Hammers ,I really need a good Saturday night :pray:
  • We’ve done really well and created a lot considering the complete lack of pace in the side.

And Lanzini needs to do a lot more. In Anderson’s absence he needs to be the one offering himself up for every pass and trying a few things.
  • Lanzini is hardly in the game. May be replace him with Masuraku and play Fornals behind Haller.
  • Certainly not one for the video collection but we edged that half and can consider ourselves unlucky to be all square at the break.

We created more and better chances and with a bit more composure and belief in front of goal, Haller, the three points are there for the taking
  • I thought we were much the better side. Deserved to be ahead and unlucky to be level now.

We'll win this. Haller will score.

I'm going to say we won't and he won't.

But I do hope you're right.
  • Buffy, what about Rice being outjumped by Holgate, can't put it all on Zaba. :scarf:
  • Was a cagey game...think it was very tight, not much in it

Weve looked solid for the most part, as have they

The team is crying out for some pace though
  • Have we even come out for the second half
  • Buffy, what about Rice being outjumped by Holgate, can't put it all on Zaba. :scarf:

So much of their threat has been down our right, it wasn't just the corner that he's been poor for.
  • I'm having kittens every time they have a corner, we really don't look very secure defending set pieces.
  • What on earth was Cresswell doing with that corner?
  • Cresswell just won for himself the heavily contested worst corner of the season award
  • We don’t have the same intensity as the first half.
    Everton starting to come through the center of us.
This discussion has been closed.