West Ham v Sheffield Utd (A) 10:01:2020 KO 20:00 - Match Thread

Comments

• We certainly seem like a different team in this game.
    Plenty of running both when defending and also running into space to receive a pass. Let’s hope we can last the whole game and don’t run out of steam. Don’t think Moyes has had long enough to impact the fitness of the team.
  • Yeah, we've done ok. Mixed it up a bit, some tidy interchanges and not afraid to go direct.

But we're lacking in the final third again, and as I type another terrible set piece :doh:
  • Haller is beginning to remind me of Amelia - unfortunately not through his finishing, but there does appear to be a bit of “le sulk” about him.
  • I thought they looked more dangerous generally, but from about 25-40 we were on top. They mostly looked dangerous from set pieces
  • I'm happy with that half

Think we shaded it

Agree the final ball has been poor, but weve looked comfy on the ball, have pressed well and look confident

Little more class in the final 3rd and we can take all 3

Sheffield looking dangerous at setpeices though
  • Think we are doing ok. Very wasteful with our crossing though. Anderson is playing well.
  • edited January 2020
    Decent 1st half, lacking a bit going forward, IMO Cresswell & Arthur combining nicely, just sad about Fab injury...
  • Don't get what game the Sky Comms team are watching. They've been sniffy about the quality of the first half, but I think a lot of our close passing and movement has been excellent. Been especially impressed with Anderson, who has continually got the ball under pressure, and ignored or avoided their attempts to hack him down I've thoroughly enjoyed it Maybe I'm easily pleased.
  • Decent 1st half, lacking a bit going forward, IMO Cresswell & Arthur combining nicely, just sad about Fab injury...

Don’t know why you’re saying it’s fab if you’re sad about it
  • Carragher has been getting on my nerves.

Yes, we've played some long balls. But we've also played all the meaningful passing football down the flanks and through the middle.

Their play seems to be about launching crosses in and nothing else.

But if I understand correctly, Sheffield United are allowed to play long balls and we aren't and they're good and we're bad.
  • Don't get what game the Sky Comms team are watching. They've been sniffy about the quality of the first half, but I think a lot of our close passing and movement has been excellent. Been especially impressed with Anderson, who has continually got the ball under pressure, and ignored or avoided their attempts to hack him down I've thoroughly enjoyed it Maybe I'm easily pleased.

Robbie Mustoe on NBC just said we were the better team.
  • Don't get what game the Sky Comms team are watching. They've been sniffy about the quality of the first half

It's because neither Mane or Firmino have scored yet
  • Gary Neville......Blunts this,Blunts that blah,blah,Blah.
  • Moyes has certainly got them working a lot harder and you can’t fault the effort.
    I think one of the priorities should be to sort our medical team out. None of our players ever seem to come back fully fit and once they get an injury they’re always seemingly at risk.
    It’s worrying that Fab may be out for the season.
  • i have Curbs & Sherwood in studio, both saying we did well & Moyes will be happier of the 2 managers at HT...& I have the one & only Matt Upson on co comms ;) COYI
  • They're the Bournemouth of a few years ago. Plucky underdogs who can do no wrong.
  • Living dangerously there
  • Big chance for them.

Lanzini needs to be pulled. Not doing enough for me.
  • It's not always coming off, but I love our intent to keep and play the ball.
  • I just wish we could cross the ball. We've been garbage at it again.
  • Martin doing a Roberto. What a shambles.
  • Omg.....

What was that.....

Get randolph...even if he has 1 leg
  • Speechless
  • score 2 sorted
  • We need to forget about signing anybody else this month and buy a goalkeeper. Fab may or may not be back soon, but when he's out we are in such awful trouble.
  • We are all over the place
  • Holes all over the squad Jorderz. Yes we need a 'keeper, but a right back, couple of midfielders and a striker are musts too, IMO
This discussion has been closed.