West Ham v Gillingham (A) FA Cup 3rd Round (05.01.20-KO 18:16) Match Thread

Comments

• That’s because they’re the only ones who have it. Alternative would be to not use it at all.
  • With VAR that's a stonewall pen
  • Player who did that to Lanzini got a yellow. :angry:
  • Slightly off topic, but what does everyone think about the use of VAR only at Fa Cup matches where premier teams are involved and playing at home

Wrong imo. should be same standard for all teams.
  • That’s because they’re the only ones who have it. Alternative would be to not use it at all.

Which seems entirely logical and sensible. Why should the luck of the draw determine whether you get the benefit of VAR or not.
  • Looks like Fornels is coming on.

For Sodders.
  • Would've preferred Holland to inject some pace. Gills will be tiring at this point.
  • I suppose because where it’s available both teams are using it but where it’s not neither team is
  • I fear them getting a lucky goal near the end.
  • Rice has a cut on his head.

Physio doing running repairs
  • Rice now down and off the pitch with a head injury
  • In the mean time we are down to 10.
  • edited January 2020
    So far IMO very little to feel positive about, regardless of a slightly improved 2nd half so far, we IMO have offered very little going forward...Until Zab did that :goal:
  • With VAR that's a stonewall pen

Is there much evidence of VAR actually giving those?
  • Exactly what you'd hope for so far this half; showing our quality and putting Gillingham under all sorts of pressure.
  • GOAL!,,,,,,, Zab
  • I suppose because where it’s available both teams are using it but where it’s not neither team is

But it undermines the integrity of the competition imo, if there are different rules for different matches.

Imagine if in some matches the FA said they were short of linos so in some ties the ref would do all the officiating.
  • It should be used for all the games or more likely not at all. Chelsea had a decision today go their way that their fans thought was wrong.
  • edited January 2020
    Get in, super Zab, wonder what the odds were on him scoring :goal:
  • Slightly off topic, but what does everyone think about the use of VAR only at Fa Cup matches where premier teams are involved and playing at home

I’ll go for the opposite opinion to most. I don’t mind it. As long as the two teams playing in the game have no advantage compared to each other, it’s fine.
  • edited January 2020
    Untidy finish, but we'll take it.

Great sub from Moyes :whistle:
  • :goal: COYI :scarf:
  • Mrs G I agree but I’m just guessing that’s the thinking behind it.
  • Lukerz said:

Not sure why anybody is shocked by that.

Typical old school Cup tie. Pitch is ropey, crowd are up for it, they are making it hard with their work rate, we are struggling with rhythm.

We’ve been up for it mentally, just not playing our game with the ball, which tends to happen when Noble doesn’t play.

Hopefully a better second half as they tire. Shame about Fredericks but very predictable with him. He appears to be very fragile, hence why I would have rested him as a period of games with Zab at RB does not fill me with confidence.

Sorry lukerz, zab 1-0
  • Zaba Daba doo!
  • :wahoo: :goal:

Thoroughly deserved.
  • Cuz

I doubt Luke was referring to the chance of Zaba scoring rather than having to defend for most of the game.
  • And off his right peg! :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.