A Mood lightener...Where were you born ?

Comments

• Yes Ham it is (Scenery is impressive, close to Tahoe for snow people, close to lots of coastline, rains about 2 weeks in the year, diverse population, hardly any big earthquakes :lol: , I can go back to bed when West Ham lose in the early morning).
  • Born in Forest Gate Hospital in 1961. Brought up in South Esk Road just off Green Street. Went to St Antonys and St Bon’s. When I married at 25 I moved all the way to the Central Park area of East Ham! - and I’m still there.
  • Born St Alfege’s Hospital Greenwich
    Grew Up. Saracen Street Poplar
    Now Thornbury south Glos

Suze my remaining brother lives in the flats on the site of the Oldchurch hospital. Been there a few times. His bedroom is freezing but his living room/kitchen area very warm. Possibly the old morgue and furnace respectively.
  • Born: Glasgow
    Live: Guildford
    Support: West Ham
    Go figure!
  • Born Sutton Court Road, very close to the Boleyn Ground, moved about the age of three to White Horse Road, East Ham (part of the reason for my user name, the other being the first ever Wembley FA Cup Final). Moved to Crockenhill Kent age 14 and then a good few years in Farnham, Surrey and have lived in the village of Wisborough Green, West Sussex for the past 29 years.
  • edited December 2019
    Born in East Ham Memorial, brought up on Lonsdale Avenue.Have lived in Romford, Harlow,Upminster,Epping,Crouch End,Bethnal Green,Sheffield.
    Lived for a bit in Cambodia,India, Vietnam and Spain.
    Now finally settled in a little village called Wentworth about 15 miles from Sheffield.
  • Born in London Hospital 1990. Grew up in East Ham. Last few years living in Turkey, Bangladesh, Jerusalem. Now back in east London when I'm not between places.
  • Born: Dumfries 1973
    Now: Edinburgh
    Supporter since: receiving purple and blue tracksuit for 5th birthday. May have tossed a coin to decide between us and Villa!
  • Born at home Bull Lane Rayleigh/ grew up in Billericay/ now live in Wickford so not got very far
  • Born in Stanford-Le-Hope.

Spent a time in Bognor Regis before returning to Stanford.

Moved to Colchester in the 80s and been here ever since (still, just about, in God's county of Essex!!)
  • Born in Carson Road, West Ham in 1934 hence the handle. Bombed out twice, so family moved to the safety of East Ham. Played for them as U16. Now living in Suffolk. I can't help myself as I was born into the life of despair that is my team's ups and downs. Many on here are West Ham supporters by choice. I had no such luck; I have no alternative as claret and blue is buried into my DNA.
  • My grandad and dad were East Ham born and bred so that’s why I’m a West Ham fan no choice in the matter
  • I was born in Harold Wood, as a baby, in 1989. I lived in Brentwood til 1999, when we moved to Chelmsford where I’ve been since. I wish I was more exotic, but also no I don’t.
  • alderz said:

I was born in Harold Wood, as a baby, in 1989. I lived in Brentwood til 1999, when we moved to Chelmsford where I’ve been since. I wish I was more exotic, but also no I don’t.

Are you saying Chelmsford is not exotic! It’s the gateway to the East!
  • I was born in Harold Wood, as a baby,

What else could you have been born as Alderz? :biggrin:
  • A stat machine
  • I was the only baby boy amonst lots of girls in hospital ,so the nurses were all over me .Oh yes good times :wahoo:
  • edited December 2019
    Born in Forest Gate Hospital ( old prefabs ) in May 1950. Was then London Borough of West Ham. Lived in Stratford, moved to the suburbs ( Leytonstone ). Started going to the Boleyn wiv me Dad about 1957. Last 20 odd years exiled to Scotland where the football is rubbish.
  • I was created with claret and blue blood in Western Avenue, Leigh -on -Sea, Essex , Jan 1958, left there in 1983 to Bps Stortford anf then back in the best county in 1992 in Stansted Mountfitchet....
  • Born in Chiswick, moved to Leeds .

Lived in Hornchurch for 20 years now live in Hutton . Brentwood.
  • Jay :clap: really interesting thread clearly well received. I was born in Pershore 1960
    moved to Dartford in 69, Dad took Sledge and I to the Boleyn very regularly through our school years. Farmed near Bedford for twenty years now retired to wife's home near Canterbury.
  • Born in Kingsbury, North West London. Grew up in Wembley within ear shot of Wembley Stadium, could hear the crowd roar whenever a goal was scored. Live in North West London, work as a postman in Slough,Langley,Iver,Colnbrook & Datchet areas.
  • Born in ChCh NZ and still live here but spent 3 or so years in the UK in the 70's.

Hammer wombat - St Barts - Used to drink in a pub opposite St Barts - The White Hart - It was a West Ham pub but sadly gone now.

Have fond memories of the hospital electrician who also drank there - Electric Fred - Would not trust him to change a light bulb though
  • edited January 2020

Born in Kingsbury, North West London. Grew up in Wembley within ear shot of Wembley Stadium, could hear the crowd roar whenever a goal was scored. Live in North West London, work as a postman in Slough,Langley,Iver,Colnbrook & Datchet areas.

I never realised just how much work posties do until I done a Christmas casual stint :thumbsup:

I shed almost two stone, and my legs are now three inches shorter :lol:
  • edited January 2020
    These last two posts, crusadinghammer referring to St Barts, and Expat referring to being a postman - just around the corner from Barts is Postman's Park with a street called Little Britain :biggrin: between them.
  • Born Mombasa, Kenya. Dad's family East London since 1800, but he took me to Arsenal friendlies when in England. I was not impressed. Worked in Essex for 20+ years, which was when I realised I had always been a Hammer. Now in Sarawak, Malaysia. Still a Hammer. My guesthouse is tastefully painted in Claret & Blue...
  • I always stop off at Postmans' Park on the odd occasions when I'm in the area, its got the Memorial to Heroic Self-Sacrifice, 54 ceramic tiles commemorating someone who gave their life trying to save others.
  • There is some really excellent little areas around St Barts. In the good weather I will often walk down there and have my lunch outside.
  • edited January 2020
    Born in Westport, County Mayo, in the West of Ireland.

Lived in Dublin, in Frankfurt, in Moscow and in Southern Italy. Now back living in Dublin.

Supported West Ham United ever since 1966 (I was 12 y.o. then), when I realised that the best part of the fantastic England team played for this club.

While living abroad, I was unable to watch WHU matches for prolonged periods of time, so there are some of West Ham legends that I have never seen in action.

Favourite player: Martin Peters. A great inspiration to me!
  • While living abroad, I was unable to watch WHU matches for prolonged periods of time, so there are some of West Ham legends that I have never seen in action

I’m really intrigued about who! Can you give some examples?