The David Moyes Thread

Comments

• Can't get on board with Moyes myself. Screams of another dinosaur appointment.
  • It'll be Moyes I'm almost certain.
  • edited December 2019
    Jorderz

Hugill tanked in his loan season at Boro?

IMO he was scouted via Moyes’ links to the north west.

He has had a fair share of question marks over him since Everton. I personally think we need to take a different path
  • Dodger58 said:

Wasn’t it premature closing the “next boss” thread as none has been appointed yet we need a thread for speculation ...

Speculation on here.

Otherwise we end up with duplicate threads.
  • Would sooner see Chris Hughton then Moyes, and he wouldn't be really a choice I'd make, sadly can't see anyone else but Moyes, again I hope I'm wrong.
  • Why have you closed West Ham next manage?
  • Would be happy with Houghton or Moyes. Preference on Moyes though
  • Do we have a new manager?
  • imagelost said:

Why have you closed West Ham next manage?

To be fair the old thread was almost 800 comments full & we do tend to 'freshen' things up with new updates. Pelle going is an update on the previous thread which was mainly speculation based.

I have tweaked thread title to include rumour over his replacement, which hopefully will be sorted soon.
  • Do I want to see free flowing attacking and exciting football? Of course I do, don't we all. But I want steady consistency for 3 years or so of top 10 finishes. I couldn't care less if they appointed Peter Sutcliffe... just get some stability.
  • edited December 2019
    Am I being blocked
  • From doing what?
  • Sky Sports understands David Moyes expected to be next West Ham manager
  • Would prefer Hughton. Someone new. More of a recent record in the PL. Think we've got a better squad than what we had at Brighton and would be fine with us.
  • alderz said:

Moyes would be a terrible choice.

Says you... :whistle:
  • Surprised the trigger has been pulled just before a 6 pointer with Bournemouth. Expected it to be after that.

If anything he should've been sacked weeks ago
  • I thought we were decent and hard-working under Moyes, solid without being spectacular.

He was given £9M to spend and the squad was poorer then than it is now.

Get him in on a proper contract, get the team structured and hard-working and give him a bit of cash, and I think he’ll do well.
  • From memory, something not always to be relied on, Moyes did a good job for us last time.

I did hope he’d be given the job permanently.
  • Quote from Pellegrini after the Leicester game: “We needed to press high from the beginning but we didn’t do it”.

It’s a shame he’s gone as he is a good manager but he had lost the dressing room.

We went on a run of 11 games in the premier league (end of last season and beginning of this season) with 6W 4D 1L for a total of 22 points.
  • Plus my username will automatically go from being out of date to ahead of the curve :whistle:
  • Jorderz

That’s what Baz is trying to do with Batshuayi. I fear he may be out of date forever.
  • So before pelle we chose not to employ moyes because we were going in a different direction, and now it seems he’s the man after all what a waste of 18 months
  • From doing what?

Discussing horse jumping?
  • I would like a manager who has a way of playing ,we seem to just turn up and do the same things every week. Leicester play counter attacking football and sign young English players to go with some shrewd foreign buys even with 9 changes today all their players knew what their job was and they did it well. They put 3 players on the half way line when we had a corner we don t even out one up when defending a corner. Not sure who we will get I am just looking forward to a change as on the way home I was thinking if I could be bothered to go to the Bournemouth match which has never happened before we seem to be less than the sum of our parts we have some really good players who seem unmotivated unconfident and under performing. I hope the the daves get it right
  • Sky are saying they expect it to be Moyes
  • So Everton get Ancelotti & we gonna get Moyes :lol:
  • edited December 2019
    Adam said:

Quote from Pellegrini after the Leicester game: “We needed to press high from the beginning but we didn’t do it”..

For me, that's an admission of systemic failure. As a minimum, I'd expect players to do what they are told by the manager.
  • Moyes & Pulis the frontrunners according to The Times.
  • Just hpe its someone who can jump up and down and show a bit of life on the touch line
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes & Pulis the frontrunners according to The Times.

Delete club