West Ham United v Leicester City 28th Dec, 5.30pm

Comments

• Each and every football forum is a platform for fans to express their feeling either way. I would argue this one is no different

If the team is (perceived to be) in dire straits then it goes without saying the frustrations will outweigh the positives. It’s not rocket science

Sorry?

BBC 606
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if there are ironic cheers if Sanchez does something well. I can’t stand that. It happened with Roberto and it doesn’t help.
  • Welcome to The Boleyn Arms - a West Ham United virtual public house, and a West Ham Institution.

Now in our new home on WHU 606, this is a pleasant hostelry is open for Hammers/Irons to discuss matters relating to football, West Ham United or anything else.

WUMs are barred from this establishment, although friendly fans of other clubs are welcome to come in and enjoy the claret and blue atmosphere.

Please do not deface the pictures of players past and present, that adorn the walls in this establishment (and that includes the one of Jimmy Neighbour, R.I.P.) As with the rest of this site, have fun but please avoid anything racist, sexist, homophobic and any comments that promote negative racial or cultural stereotypes, whether said in jest or not.

Please also bear in mind that users of all ages are on this forum. Therefore please refrain from any content of an adult nature or anything unsuitable for users of all ages.

In previous opening periods of this thread, originally established on BBC 606 by V8Iron under the title "Let's all sign up to this" on the 17th May 2007, we have now achieved postings totaling 139,539 (BBC 606 total) + 180,208 = 319,747and counting.

On March 8th 2013 the 250,000 milestone was passed with a post by Woosie. Well done Woosie and all who have contributed to this Hammer's Institution since May 2007 - Well done guys!

On the weekend of 12th/13th April 2014 with the posting of the 35th comment The Boleyn Arms have passed our post total on BBC 606 well done guys V8 would be proud!

Now entering our 11th year, it gives me great pleasure to re-dedicate this plaque. To those who on BBC 606 defended this place through the deadly days of the Spring and Summer of 2007 .... their names will however live on here forever; though some are lost to us now:
    VEight Iron
    CockneySikh
    Half-Egg Half-Biscuit
    Espania Hammer
    Schoffie
    HammerDoc
    Ironthru
    Iirrrooonnnsss
    AlanTaylors2nd
    Localgroundhopper
    TexasHammer
    Laurasupababe
    ShakyDropalot
    HorshamHammer
    AndyDennis
    Fireiron
    L'Orealman
    Trevsdeftheader
    MNITF

In memory of absent friends :poppy:
    Moorowasmagic
    Hammerman69
    Sledgehammer

imageimageimageimage
  • I remember this from the old days and grey you have massive in in to all this
    But bbc kicked it off
  • I need to smoke ,, that not what wanted to do

I didn't say they didn't. My point was, I set up this site (having found that old BBC 606 users would like a new home when we learned it was closing.)

This site was never solely intended as a place to 'vent frustrations'. That said, it has always been a space where people could vent frustrations if that is what they want to do.
  • Grey :bowdown:
  • Even though he wrote that I don't think baraks meant that was it's sole purpose. At least that what I thought.
  • Ham, yeah, I know. Wasn't looking to make it a thing, and certainly didn't want to come across as giving it the big 'I am'
  • Martin Peters :clap:
  • Supporting a club with a rough average 30% win ratio over the years - gonna be a lot of frustrations vented!
  • Zero to hero
  • Penalty’s saved
  • Cuz1 said:

Penalty’s saved

Did he get yellow
  • Pen down to Sanchez giving the ball away for about the third time...

Super Fab! :wahoo:
  • Yes only got yellow because rocky was back covering
  • Cuz.

The new’ish rules mean that if the ref gives a pen he only need give the ‘keeper a yellow card as a red and a pen punishes the team twice.
  • We need one of the senior players to calm things down: we're rushing everything, and turning over possession far too easily.
  • Suze :ok:
  • So how we doing against Leicester reserves anyway :wink:
  • We've started brightly, and if we had their 'reserves' we'd be much better off.
  • Jay - who is the Supersport co-comm for this game?
  • Which is it poorly or brightly :fence:
This discussion has been closed.