Other festive games

124»

Comments

• not everyone... :whistle:
  • But it was Lampards decision to start Emerson so was that not a tactical error?
  • edited December 2019
    Herb, surely the sign of a good manager is to recognise/admit and correct an error.
  • edited December 2019
    Now there is proof that refs definitely favour the big clubs.
    Chris Kavanagh blocks a Blunts pass and into the path of a Citeh player and Aguero scores. VAR upholds the goal. :wahoo:
  • I agree that VAR decisions re offside leave something to be desired, but that it guarantees we'll never have to put up with a shocking ricket like the one the lino made v Liverpool when Milner got the ball 2 yards offside, before crossing for the equaliser, justifies it, imo.
  • I do not dispute the use of VAR as clearly it can address issues like the one just raised, that is , IMO, precisely what it should be used for.

VAR can certainly improve the decision making of the on field officials, however, what I want to see is a return to the common understanding that being level is not offside and that attacking players are given the benefit of the doubt where the margin is clearly minuscule.

In a way, a move away from the overly precise technical electronic eye but to treat VAR as a second pair of naked eyes.

This discussion has been closed.