West Ham v Southampton (A) 14th Dec @ 17:30 - When the Saints go marching...

edited December 2019 in Match Threads
... through our one-paced midfield and permanently confused defence.

May as well give the match thread a go. It's not as if I'll have to do the Palace one.

So, what do reckon? Pellegrini to surprise us all and play two up top? Maybe Wilshere will be fit for this one. Maybe... ah, why I am even bothering.

Loss.

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Martin
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice
    Yarmolenko - Antonio - Anderson
    Haller

Saints 2-0
  • You're alright thanks I think I'll pass on this one.
  • Luckily I have my works do that evening. If any of them suggest watching the football, they will get a thick ear!
  • I posted on here somewhere 42 points ASAP please
    Can’t find it
    And serous points are needed
    I think we get nothing
    But can hope
    COYI
  • Not another game , :weep: :weep: :weep:
  • NBC are holding their Televised Premier League outside fan fest this weekend in Miami Beach and unfortunately our game is going to be featured front and center.

One of my work colleagues is based in Miami and having a couple of lads who have recently starting playing and knowing my allegiance, he asked me about it as he is planning on taking them.

I certainly told him to go and enjoy himself but that whatever happens do not buy them WHU shirts coz in the unlikely event that we win and they get a kick out of wearing the shirts and being amongst all the excitement, they just might turn out to be Hammers - and who would do that to a couple of innocent youngsters....

As for the game, I simply do not see where our goals are going to come from, they will play with passion and I would be very surprised if our lot will be up for it.

Happy to be proved wrong

COYI

• edited December 2019
    Pellegrini's last game potentially. Its down to the players now, this performance will epitomise whether Pellegrini really does have backing of the players or whether he has well and truly lost the dressing room.
  • I would say that he lost the dressing room weeks ago with his bizarre substitutions and starting lineups.
  • If that is the case we are going to lose. If the players want him gone then they are hardly going to try and win are they.
  • Hamstew said:

If that is the case we are going to lose. If the players want him gone then they are hardly going to try and win are they.

:wave:
  • edited December 2019
    There will be blood goals.

Saints haven't kept a clean sheet for 11 league games

Danny Ings has scored a goal in the last five games.

Hasenhuttl plays a 4-4-2 attacking down the wings so if ever Pellegrini wanted the opportunity to try 4-4-2 with Haller and Antonio together up top this is it.

I'd be happy with a draw...
  • I don’t think the players want Pelle gone.

Seems like a lovely guy, clearly doesn’t make them run around very much or demand much effort, hardly seems the type to rollick them.

I suspect they want him to stick around.
  • edited December 2019
    All this negativity (some of it funny and clever) on site currently (including me when WHU are mentioned :lol: )

I always try and see a positive. On the bright side... At least City arent going to win the EPL this year :thumbsup: :yercoat:

• Saints haven't kept a clean sheet for 11 league games

Enter the charity that is West Ham United Football Club
  • edited December 2019
    The players won’t want a change. They have their contracts so relegation won’t affect them - they can just move on. In the meantime they can just jog around in a lazy and disinterested manner each week with no-one to put the fear of God in them. If they are bad enough, they will be dropped and can put their feet up entirely

All that happens is that one of them (in rotation) pipes up on the OS after the latest humiliation saying how they know it’s not good enough and how they are working hard to put it right. Copy/paste to the following week.
  • So you’ve seen their contracts?
  • Hamstew said:

If that is the case we are going to lose. If the players want him gone then they are hardly going to try and win are they.

:wave:
  • IronHerb said:

So you’ve seen their contracts?

Have you
  • imagelost said:

IronHerb said:

So you’ve seen their contracts?

Have you
    This is joke.
    This is team fighting top 10
  • Loss :bubbles:
  • edited December 2019
    I'm going for an away win.

#typicalwestham
    #pinkpillsaregreat
    #NURSE!

• I’m going for away win too. Crazy crazy times.
  • My lap top numbers stop at nine.
  • I'm going for a take away. :biggrin:
  • I'm going for an away win.

#typicalwestham
    #pinkpillsaregreat
    #NURSE!

You have been at the claret

Claret :lol: :redwine: :redbauble:
  • edited December 2019
    Could this be the answer to our goalkeeping and goal scoring problems.

:yercoat:

Although with our luck we'd probably get the wrong one. :biggrin:
  • edited December 2019

Could this be the answer to our goalkeeping and goal scoring problems.

:yercoat:

Although with our luck we'd probably get the wrong one. :biggrin:

Dowie to head it in

And Iain dowie is a football manager ,,, there lady’s and gentlemen I give you
    Iain dowie manager of COYI

Give me more of the claret :redwine:
  • Last seen at Hull City June 2010, Iain Dowie is now an associate director with the GOTO Group having joined as a regional sales manager in 2016.

Did you know he got a masters degree in mechanical engineering before he became a professional footballer?
  • Last seen at Hull City June 2010, Iain Dowie is now an associate director with the GOTO Group having joined as a regional sales manager in 2016.

Did you know he got a masters degree in mechanical engineering before he became a professional footballer?

Masters
    Well
    :bowdown:

Can score a blinding header
  • It wasn’t a degree in geography or he’d have found the right net
This discussion has been closed.