January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Jay do you mean £25 or a real pony because if it’s a real pony I’d take it cus I’m paying £3 a month to adopt one
  • Agreed jay, more about getting sanchez and wilshere’s wages off the payroll

And just pay Roberto off, can't be much> a box of Valencia oranges or 2...
  • I think with service Haller can still turn it around for us. He is more a penalty box striker that happens to be tall and good in the air. If we get service to him and support him he can do a job.
  • edited December 2019
    Of the 29 goals Haller scored for Frankfurt (excluding the German Cup), only 3 were headers. We don’t need to put lots of crosses in to him.

We just need to make sure he isn’t isolated. Whether we play two upfront or with wingers, we need to get players around him so he can lay it off/do flicks, bring people into play.
  • He plays on the deck, he’s good with his feet. He’ll be really dangerous in a two, if people play like actual footballers around him
  • And therein lies the problem....
  • I think Haller will be the player most pleased to see the back of Pelle. I think he came with a great attitude and looked good but I feel he looks as though he is frustrated at present. I think with someone next to him he may become as prolific as Arnie was under Moyes.

when you buy a striker you must do so with the intention to play to his strengths, just as you would never buy Chico and send crosses in for him you wouldn't buy Haller and leave him up on his own. In my view a loan striker needs either blistering pace to run onto balls or just be an outright beast like Drogba who can out fight and make his own space against defenders. Haller isn't either but if you put him along side a decent busy attacker he will show what he can do.
  • There are so few strikers able to actually play the lone role. It's so stupid that it became the main way of playing a striker.
  • I think Haller will be the player most pleased to see the back of Pelle. I think he came with a great attitude and looked good but I feel he looks as though he is frustrated at present. I think with someone next to him he may become as prolific as Arnie was under Moyes.

when you buy a striker you must do so with the intention to play to his strengths, just as you would never buy Chico and send crosses in for him you wouldn't buy Haller and leave him up on his own. In my view a loan striker needs either blistering pace to run onto balls or just be an outright beast like Drogba who can out fight and make his own space against defenders. Haller isn't either but if you put him along side a decent busy attacker he will show what he can do.

Welcome back hugill :lol:
  • Apart from buying players, the most important thing is to recall Diangana from his loan spell at WBA. This should be done between January 1 to 14, as specified in his contract. Loaning him out was Pellegrini's huge mistake. We need his speed and trickery; our midfield looks dormant without him.
  • I disagree. Diangana out on loan was one of Pelles few successes. Leave him be for the rest of the season.
  • Daves to moyes ,Welcome back David heres an 18 month contract and 30 mill to spend in January,Just sign here ……….Good boy …………..By the way we will be selling Haller ,Rice,Anderson,and Lanzini. great to have you back
  • I think bringing Diangana back may do more harm than good even though I do believe he would be an asset in this squad. Footballers love to win and win trophies, at present he is flying high with a real chance of promotion and a Championship trophy. Take him away from that to join in a relegation fight as a squad player and you may take away all the benefit of loaning him out in the first place.

I also wouldn't expect him to be quite so impressive back in the Premiership, teams are in the Championship for a reason and he is benefitting from the lower calibre opposition. Let him stay as it's the perfect loan, which rarely happens, Playing consistently, getting rave reviews and clearly having fun and gaining confidence.
  • I agree Chelsea loaned Mount, Abraham amongst others to championship teams and reaped the benefit this season when they have been on the naughty step for dodgy signings
  • Purely hypothetical question. I’m assuming things will still be pretty tight to fund new signings. Leicester for example have sold to buy/reinvest.

If, say, £35m were offered for Anderson - would you take it if it meant we could buy someone like Jarrod Bowen and a good quality CM?
  • Purely hypothetical question. I’m assuming things will still be pretty tight to fund new signings. Leicester for example have sold to buy/reinvest.

If, say, £35m were offered for Anderson - would you take it if it meant we could buy someone like Jarrod Bowen and a good quality CM?

Yes. Although I'd rather Moyes managed to get a tune out of Anderson some how.
  • baracks

Yes, I would.
  • have we signed anyone yet
  • 7 to 10 days I reckon.
  • Have I got to stay awake for 7-10 days
  • Transfers inkooming
  • We can hope Bazman
  • edited January 2020
    Bazshuayi said:

Look's to me he's heading for the barcodes :hmm:
  • 3-0 up at half time, G&S will see no need to strengthen the squad :doh:
  • I love those Hippo skin suitcases (the guy in the background is a natural in front of the camera)
  • edited January 2020
    Just goes to show that if you haven't got style, it doesn't matter how much money you have, you'll never have it :whistle:
  • When you look at a supposed valuation of £25m for Granit, it highlights just how difficult it is going to be to bring in quality into the areas where we need it (given that cash is presumably tight). I am actually expecting Diop to be sold to help provide significant funds to improve the squad properly.
  • Cuz1 said:

Have I got to stay awake for 7-10 days

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
This discussion has been closed.