January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Gabriel Jesus would be a better option than Andy Carroll. :biggrin:
  • Talk of getting a CB and a MF. I smell a rat: have the management agreed to sell Diop and Rice, and will these new targets merely be cheaper replacements? All this exposure to Boris Brexit has made me assume deception in every move...
  • I'd quite like us to get Morelos of Rangers as a back up striker. Total handful though also a total nutter!
  • Can we get James Collins in a free?
  • Would like to see someone like Hamza Choudhury. Not sure he’ll ever be regular first team at Leicester but he’s good at breaking up play and so much better than Sanchez.
  • I do hope we get a couple of signings in January.

A central midfield player and full back will do.
  • edited December 2019
    Im already getting jokes..." West Ham to sign Lenny Henry so they can stay in the Premier" No doubt there'll be more :doh: As long as we have the last laugh :pray:
  • One of today’s rumours has giroud as a top target of Moyes

Ominous signs for this transfer window if that’s the kind of player we will be bringing in.
  • I like Giroud.

What does he bring that Haller does not though?
  • That beard :bowdown:
  • I like Giroud.

Precisely the point

We already have one target striker with no pace
  • I suppose it gives us a ready made replacement for Haller if he comes off injured /knackered rather than put Antonio upfront or Ajeti we are lacking options in the striker department
  • One of today’s rumours has giroud as a top target of Moyes

Ominous signs for this transfer window if that’s the kind of player we will be bringing in.

Current French international with 6 in 10. Don't want that do we? :whistle:
  • Or maybe they're thinking of off-loading Haller and Giroud is a like for like (albeit older, slower, bigger) replacement. :biggrin:
  • I like Giroud.

Precisely the point

Not sure that’s a fair assessment of Haller.
  • IronHerb said:

One of today’s rumours has giroud as a top target of Moyes

Current French international with 6 in 10. Don't want that do we? :whistle:
    No I wouldn’t personally.
  • I like Giroud.

Precisely the point

Not sure that’s a fair assessment of Haller.
    I don’t think he’s the quickest personally. When put clean through v Watford the defender caught up with him and he couldn’t get a shot away. So I don’t see what signing giroud would achieve as I fail to see how he can play with Haller
  • edited December 2019
    TBH i would have loved to see Little Pea Chicharito play with alongside Haller, oh well....
  • Of course we’ve been linked with Giroud. We’ve been linked with him in every window for the past 4 years. These journalists like to do copy and paste. But that’s not to say we’ve never been interested in him.
  • Giroud would make a good replacement for Haller when we sell him for 15 mill :biggrin:
  • It's pretty pointless, a bit like the team recently, to have a big un in the middle if he is taken off after 60 minutes and then we start putting crosses in. ;)
  • Defensive midfielder is the only thing we need should money be short
  • Defensive midfielder is the only thing we need should money be short

Definitely the priority and it needs to be someone with energy, not just a sitting midfielder. Could do with another striker but I think we're so weak in the midfield right now.
  • edited December 2019
    IMO we need a midfielder with an engine, and we need another striker. If Haller isn't playing well we have Ajeti and he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's a worthy replacement.

I really like Wanyama, personally, and I can't imagine he'll cost the earth. No ideas on a striker.
  • The only way we will get Wanyama is via some sort of a deal involving Diop. Levy won’t sanction a straight sale to us IMO
  • IMO Diop has massively stalled this year. I'd sell him for £50m and Wanyama no problem.
  • I have a bit more faith in Diop. He played every game until he was dropped and for most of that time in a defence that was being totally over run. He has shown his potential.
  • I’m intrigued now as to what Moyes might be able to do with Diop - in terms of helping him kick on. But then I think cash will be tight in terms of getting one or two quality additions. I’m hoping we can move on Roberto, Sanchez and Wilshere
  • I’m intrigued now as to what Moyes might be able to do with Diop - in terms of helping him kick on. But then I think cash will be tight in terms of getting one or two quality additions. I’m hoping we can move on Roberto, Sanchez and Wilshere

We might get a Pony for that lot... :ok:
  • Agreed jay, more about getting sanchez and wilshere’s wages off the payroll
This discussion has been closed.