January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

He's the answer if the question is "who could start a fight in a solitary confinement cell?"

He might be the answer to the question 'what would make Rav :wahoo: ?'
    Affirmative ( :wahoo: )
  • A striker with a bit of pace would be nice.
  • edited December 2019
    Balotelli (or Balotelli tubby when he's unfit ;) ) and Adebayor would need a bigger changing room for their egos! However... I'd like it :biggrin:

We might as well get DiCanio to manage them too :wahoo:
  • More like (boxing) referee them Baz. :biggrin:
  • The Guardian reckon we will try to sell or loan Roberto in January, possibly to a Turkish club, although no mention of the source of the info.

Also that Husillos might be given the boot.
  • It will be 50 times easier to shift Sanchez than Roberto. I mean who is now going to want to take him on? Pelle has made things immeasurably worse (for Roberto) by persisting with him game after game instead of taking him out of the firing line.
  • The Guardian reckon we will try to sell or loan Roberto in January, possibly to a Turkish club, although no mention of the source of the info.

Also that Husillos might be given the boot.

I am not sure anyone could take Roberto, You would find it almost impossible to find anything you liked the look of in his recent performances that led you to believe he could do a job for your team.

This said Daniel levy could likely start a bidding war and probably get 8m for him with a sell on clause included.
  • They should try and do a BOGOF with Sanchez / Roberto, infact just cough up & pay them off to free up squad numbers IMO.
  • Turkish newspaper Aksam reckons we're after Trabzonspor goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir, his agent says four English clubs inc Liverpool are interested. Maybe we're going to do a part ex with Roberto going to Turkey.

TuttoMercatowWeb says we are interested in Hellas Verona DM/CM Sofyan Amrabat, on loan from Club Brugge with a clause to make the move permanent for €3.5m. They've already turned down a €12m bid from Napoli and have set a €15m minimum.
  • Browsing Sky News re. Klopp rotating and at the end of the article was this!

shocking news and it could well happen :doh: :nonono:

note when article last updated

At least Nobes is confident we'll get a high fee :thumbsup:

( link if its still up - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/10703860/dimitri-payet-exit-would-be-a-shock-says-west-ham-captain-mark-noble )

• This is why Noble made a career in football and not bookmaking. :biggrin:
  • The Sun says we're looking at Asmir Begovic as a 2nd choice keeper, currently on loan at Qarabag (Azerbaijan Premier League champions since 2014) until 31 December
  • Hammers news says that we are in negotiations with Boro for their keeper, Darren Randolph, sort of sounds a familiar name :lol:

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/sites-top-level-inside-west-ham-source-claims-darren-randolph-transfer-rumour-is-true/
  • I'd welcome Randolph back. He rarely lets Ireland down, and would keep Fab on his toes (that sounds odd)
  • Randolph is a good keeper but he's first choice keeper at Boro so I can't imagine why he'd want to come back here as Fabianski's understudy.

He has missed the last three matches with a reoccurring thigh strain, he picked up the injury in October then returned too soon.
  • That’s why we be interested, would have a right good team on the treatment table
  • West Ham are looking to land Luka Jovic on loan from Real Madrid and are hoping a reunion with Sebastian Haller could improve the striker's goal haul.

I'm conveniently ignoring it's Star gossip as I think it'd be cool :footie:
  • The Irish Sun reckons Randolph is coming back.

Sky Sports thinks Ajeti might go out on loan but as he's already played for two clubs this season it would have to be to somewhere that starts its season in February/March like USA, Japan or one of the Scandinavian countries.
  • I too read the rumour on Ajeti

Previously I’ve read that he is deemed to be championship quality. So we will now effectively have a Hugill mark 2 on our books?

I scratch my head when it comes to West Ham and strikers. Is it over 30 plus that Sully has signed since They have been owners??

How many of them have been totally unqualified successes. Arguably, for me, only Demba Ba but then his contract allowed him to leave for free.
  • I think it's closer to 40 strikers now

I'd say Sakho was a success in that he was almost as good as Ba for a similar length of time. Obviously things then went a bit wrong but relative to everyone else...
  • Demba Ba was without doubt the best we've had since S&G took over, 43 goals in 99 Premier League games (77 starts) with us, Newcastle and Chelsea.
  • Outcast,

If the rumours are to be believed we only bought Sakho because Metz threatened us with legal action if we didn't signed him? So it would appear G&S didn't actually do the deal willingly.
  • Outcast,

If the rumours are to be believed we only bought Sakho because Metz threatened us with legal action if we didn't signed him? So it would appear G&S didn't actually do the deal willingly.

Not rumours, it was widely reported in the press at the time.

S&G tried to change the deal from a transfer to a season-long loan with option to buy after they'd already agreed a £3.5m fee and personal terms. Metz issued a furious statement describing S&G as "disrespectful" (in French obviously), threatened to go to UEFA and S&G caved in.
  • edited December 2019
    Aslef said:
    "The Irish Sun reckons Randolph is coming back"

But doesn't he come back every year to pull Santa's sleigh.....oh hang on.

Can you get dyslexia when you get older? :puzzled:

• ASLEF,

I thought that was the case but am wary these days when posting anything critical of G&S unless someone ask for evidence to back my claim up. :whistle:
  • ASLEF,

I thought that was the case but am wary these days when posting anything critical of G&S unless someone ask for evidence to back my claim up. :whistle:

Can you prove that :lol:
  • So Liverpool’s new winger Minamino is eligible to play on the CL this year, having already played for Red Bull in the same competition because of a uefa rule change.

Personally, I cannot understand why the rule was changed in the first place. It basically allows a player two attempts at the same cup competition in the same season?
This discussion has been closed.