West Ham’s next boss

Comments

• A claret carpet?
  • The chance to walk out to all those bubbles? :bubbles:
  • ROBERTO.................... :thumbsup:
  • More comfy bench seats 😜
  • I still think he’ll turn it round.Yes we’ve been appalling in the last few games but we DO have good players who are more than capable of going on a good run.It would just be so typical of WHU to pick up a bagful of points in those next difficult games.
    I know it’s the modern game and managers are sacked much earlier than in days gone by (obviously due to the financial disaster of relegation)but I would hope we stick it out and stay with this manager.
  • Slacker, I applaud your positivity.
    Can we review this after the next 4/5 games though.
    I hope you are right, he proves he does have some new ideas & can make a change to formation and results, it's gonna be an interesting next month.
    My thought for what it's worth , we will be in the bottom 3 by Christmas & hopefully he's gone by year end.
  • Well someone’s got to fight your corner, Jay... :lol:
  • edited November 2019

Slacker, I applaud your positivity.
    Can we review this after the next 4/5 games though.
    I hope you are right, he proves he does have some new ideas & can make a change to formation and results, it's gonna be an interesting next month.
    My thought for what it's worth , we will be in the bottom 3 by Christmas & hopefully he's gone by year end.

and then what Jay? Who are they going to get in Jan who is actually going to make a difference or do you think we should just have a "stop gap" manager until they get the one they want?

Just to add, this isn't a sarcastic comment, I'm honestly wondering who or what people think will improve by changing our manager yet again.
  • edited November 2019
    Baracks :hug: :lol:
    Moojor....I do not know Moojor, What I do think though is if we are in the bottom 3 soon Mr Pellegrini is not the manager to try and get us out of it.
    A stop gap manager.....Jose will do till to the end of the season.. ;)
    Moojor, BTW I did not find your comment sarcastic at all. we are all entitled to have our opinions & I respect yours..I know I'm in a minority, but I have said it from the get go that I felt/feel that Manuel Pellegrini is a poor fit for us, he needs to really prove me wrong, PLEASE.....
  • “What next” is not a question for Jay to answer. Because he is not on the whu payroll charged with those responsibilities (as far as we are aware). We can all have opinions of course. Mine is that it is someone younger and on upwards career trajectory (as opposed to someone whose best years are behind them and was last seen counting their pennies in China)
  • “What next” is not a question for Jay to answer. Because he is not on the whu payroll charged with those responsibilities (as far as we are aware). We can all have opinions of course. Mine is that it is someone younger and on upwards career trajectory (as opposed to someone whose best years are behind them and was last seen counting their pennies in China)

So that means a NO to Benitez then :run:
  • Di Canio number one ☝️
  • Jay

Re: Benitez

If I’m honest, his choices (China) have now made me doubt him.

He may also whinge about the restrictions sully might put in place re transfers which will mean we are looking for another manager quite soon afterwards!
  • edited November 2019
    Baracks, Rafa is the manager I wanted when Pelle was appointed.
    I have to agree i'm not 100% sure now he would be my 1st choice, saying that I think u know that I'd take him anyday than stick with Pellegrini..... :lol:
  • I am in favour of giving Pelle a chance and happy to accept the injuries have caused the problems and he is not a bad manager. Were we speaking of a replacement I wonder if Gerrard may be tempted. He is doing well with Rangers and although his ultimate role is to manage Liverpool he will likely need a Premiership club in between that step as Klopp doesn't look to be going anywhere soon. We would possibly be a high enough profile club to offer him something as not likely to be offered any top 5 or 6 club and we would have some decent players to work with and hopefully a reasonable budget.
  • Cue Baz in heavenly raptures! :lol:
  • C&b could we afford him because he’d have to come with an interpreter for the players
  • I am still of the opinion that our dip in form is a direct result of the loss of Fabianski. To concede so many soft goals and to loose games and points as a direct consequence has ripped the confidence out of the team. If, and I know it can’t happen, Fabianski returned for the next game we would probably see a very much better West Ham team. Since Pelligrini’s arrival we have played some very attractive football (not always I accept, but this is the same team apart from the keeper that was beating Spuds only a few months ago) and I like his positive attitude and to not be scared of the “big” teams. As others on here have said without Roberto in goal we would probably have another 4 or 5 points and be in 6th place and few would be calling for Pelligrini’s head. Lets hope he can get the confidence back before Fabianski’s return but getting rid of Pelligrini without getting a goalkeeper will not achieve very much.
  • edited November 2019
    Fab is obviously a huge loss, but our problems are much bigger than that.

For a start, we didn't get sufficient reinforcements in a number of positions. Rice is out of form and could arguably do with a rest, but who have we got to replace him? Carlos Sanchez is our only other DM, and he struggled against Oxford.

Same with Haller. We have no option other than Ajeti, who is a different type of striker and it's questionable that he's even Championship standard. 4 out and 2 in is not great management, IMO.

Our PL experienced second choice 'keeper was released and replaced with a League 1' keeper and a player that wasn't good enough for Malaga.

Our naive (at best) or reckless (at worst) summer is the main factor in this slump, IMO, as our squad just doesn't have the strength in depth that a team supposedly looking towards Europe should have.
  • edited November 2019
    So you are arguing to keep Pelle and sack Husillos?

Or keep both and sack the owners :wink:

Oh, and just to #factcheck ... Adrian's contract was up, I think, so I'm not sure how we could have kept him if he didn't want to stay.
  • They can all go for all I care.
  • I'm well aware that Adrian's contract was up. The issue wasn't letting him go; it was replacing him with players of a lesser standard.
  • edited November 2019
    You can't argue that we didn't upgrade our 1st choice GK.

Accentuate the positive :biggrin:
  • It’s the hardest part tho surely getting a player who’s going to be sitting on the bench knowing there second choice, I might be wrong but I presume that’s why Adrian decided to leave so any new number 2 isn’t going to be a worldie,
  • Jack Butland would be a good buy as a #2 even with Stokes position as they are now and would help the english quota.
  • edited November 2019
    Absolutely Cuz, but there's 'not a worldie' and then there's Roberto.

2nd choice 'keeper is a difficult position to fill, granted, but most clubs seem to be able to do it without using someone who punches the ball into his own net.
  • They actually wanted Roberto ahead of fab though according to Ex.

That in itself is remarkable

All our forwards gone. Obiang and edmilson gone having previously let go of cheikh. Now our back up is sick note wilshere and the mighty Sanchez.

It isn’t Pelle or Husillos - it is both of them. Partners in crime
  • I’d agree and can’t believe how shot he looks but I read today he hasn’t started a game before us since apr 2018 so no wonder
This discussion has been closed.