Away to Burnley - Saturday 9th November 3pm

167891012»

Comments

• edited November 2019

Luke after the first 5 or 6 games he had the highest number of saves to his name in the PL. Also he makes a lot of saves look easier than they may have been because his anticipation and positioning is generally very good.

That may be but when you look back at the first 6 games, he didn’t make that many key saves IMO. Probably a few of them came in the City game. We defended pretty well with Ogbonna/Diop at the back & Masuaku at LB. Pelle decided to wield the axe based on one poor display & I think in hindsight that was a massive mistake.

But yeah I agree that overall we are not good enough at the back. Certainly last season he was key to many victories.
  • If games were played on paper we’d be sitting higher than we are now, unfortunately there not so imo the players should take a good look in the mirror and ask if there given 100% to the team because I believe there not and that’s not all the manager’s fault imo stick Rafa pep Klopp or anyone but if they don’t give effort then nothing will change
  • And with Noble crocked, jay’s idol is going to come into contention for the Spurs game.

Sánchez :bowdown:
  • I still can’t understand why we got rid of both Fernandes and Obiang without bringing in another CM. I know Edi wasn’t here last season, but with Wilshere injured (obvs) and Sanchez dreadful, it means we have only Noble and Rice, supplemented by Snoddy who, while a competent option, has spent his career playing right wing.
  • Lukerz said:

And with Noble crocked, jay’s idol is going to come into contention for the Spurs game.

Sánchez :bowdown:

If I were a member of the u23 squad who plays in this position, I would be demoralised if (when) this happens
  • Not sure Luke, when Noble got injured I was quite surprised we did not see the muppet himself....not that Yarmelenko on & Snodgrass moving into the middle helped...But if Sanchez should play, I wish him all the best...
  • Is Reid back at 70% of his old self yet?

Play him if so.
  • Let’s get Conor Coventry in
  • Lukerz said:

Let’s get Conor Coventry in

You’d like to think he would at least show some desire and hunger. Similarly with Holland.
  • Cheer up guys and girls ,at lest Diangana is getting lots of games in the championship ,so will be up to speed when we join him there next year :thumbsup:
  • I don’t think Noble has been very good in the last few games and has made our lack of pace look more obvious. Snodgrass with Rice then give Fornals the Lanzini role but as close to Haller as possible.
  • Off to Holland Hamstew ,have a good trip :wave:
  • And when did all this start happening
  • VAR is supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors made by referees. What does the non corner that lead to Burnley’s first goal come under?
  • VAR automatically checks goals, penalties and red cards but anything else it checks only if the ref asks for it.
  • VAR is supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors made by referees. What does the non corner that lead to Burnley’s first goal come under?

It's West Ham, who cares :lol:
This discussion has been closed.