Home to the barcodes ....... Saturday 2nd November, 15:00

Comments

• To me it's incredibly obvious that Fredericks and Masuaku are better than Cresswell and Zabaleta. I'd stick with the former 2 and play them regularly to allow them to gel. I don't like the chopping and changing.
  • If Masuaku doesn’t get regular games somebody will take him off us, somebody like Spurs, & convert him into one of the best LB’s in the league.
  • edited November 2019

To me it's incredibly obvious that Fredericks and Masuaku are better than Cresswell and Zabaleta. I'd stick with the former 2 and play them regularly to allow them to gel. I don't like the chopping and changing.

Sadly Pelle does, he's at it all the time, IMO he's still unsure of his best 11, sad.
  • edited November 2019
    It won't be a massive shock to anyone but the same players have scored for our U23s
  • Lukerz said:

If Masuaku doesn’t get regular games somebody will take him off us, somebody like Spurs, & convert him into one of the best LB’s in the league.

He’s far to inconsistent to play for us so can’t see any top six side wanting him imo
  • Another impressive outing for Leicester - the pace and movement in their side. And defensively solid too. Rodgers is doing an excellent job - losing Maguire has made little difference to them.
  • Hamstew said:

It won't be a massive shock to anyone but the same players have scored for our U23s

Scully, Kemp and Holland have 29 goals between them already this season.
  • I’d like to know how we have once agin ended up been so much worse than the sum total of our parts. When other clubs, Leicester springs to mind, are so much better than the sum total of their parts.

What happens in training and what instructions are the players given that leads to that kind of a performance on a regular basis?

Why has Pellegrini not got a preferred and settled back four. Even without injury issues he swaps Diop, Balbuena and Ogbonna about seemingly randomly.

Why buy Haller and not play a formation and personnel that will give in the ball in areas were he can score.

• Because Pellegrini is past it imo
  • Back from my holiday. Seems like its same old lazy management and preparation (bar the Moyes/Pearce vacation). Will be interesting watching this all unravel. All managers get to play the lack of support from the board card, so Pellers will walk away unscathed (and much richer) at some point. I can deal with having flawed players and mid-table budget. It's the complete lack of game plan/motivation that gets me every time.
  • The are plenty of managers IMO out there who could get a lot more out of this squad.

The only ones I can think of are probably happier staying where they are.

Who's available? Morninho? Mark Hughes? Chris Hughton? Tony Pulis?
    I would accept two of the above and neither have a previous connection to Stoke! The special one might be extremely unpopular on here but we didn't get Rodgers first and look what he is now doing so it might be wise not to let Jose go off and get a new job elsewhere. My expectations are not finishing just inside the top ten, losing early in both cup competitions year in year out & feeling we have achieved something by beating one of the so called big 6 occasionally.
  • I'd love Howe but no way would he leave Bournemouth for us.
  • Agree with pretty much all of the negative about yesterdays performance but have to stand up for Anderson he bust a gut chasing back- the only one who got near Saint Maximim when he broke clear twice.

Got to give a shout for Snodgrass as although he lacks the quality on the ball of his midfield peers such As Anderson, Lanzini etc he got given his chance and has hit two goals and worked his socks off.

I feel convinced if we had a proper keeper and some support for Haller we would have had different results against Palace, Blunts and Toon.
  • Whatever people think of him Lanzini actually did well when he came on yesterday.
  • This as gone pear shaped since fab got injured
    Stick Martin in goal and see if he control the 4 nuggets to his front!
  • We're now down to 13th.
    There used to be a joke about West Ham regarding the manager putting on his submarine captain's jumper in January in readiness for "Dive, Dive, Dive".
    It's only November.
    Waiting for Pelle to appear in a rollneck jumper.
  • Should've kept Joe Hart. :biggrin:
  • edited November 2019

Should've kept Joe Hart. :biggrin:

Make hime manager ?
  • Roberto is the new Alan Mcknight. I gave him the benefit of doubt after Everton, Sheff Utd was alarm bells and now Newcastle. He is making game changing mistakes every game . Its difficult to back a keeper when he is consitently making errors.
  • PLF, Agree with your thoughts. But trouble is, till Fabianski gets better we have very little choice.
    The defence look like it has very little confidence in him.
  • Another impressive outing for Leicester - the pace and movement in their side. And defensively solid too. Rodgers is doing an excellent job - losing Maguire has made little difference to them.

So we are allowed to talk positively/admiringly about other teams? If I had known that I would've said a few words about Li..... Actually forget everything I just wrote :wink:
  • Newcastle had 12 shots, 9 were on target which I guess means Roberto saved 6.

We had 16 shots, 6 were on target.

Maybe our players need to be reminded that the ball is supposed to go in the stringy thing.
  • There’s no doubt that we have been plain awful in recent weeks but relegation fight?No not for me.The start of the season and the summer buys had me thinking “Mmm we could have a good year” but yet again the wheels have come off.I don’t have a crystal ball but I think we’re too good to get caught in a dog fight and I think it’ll come good.
    Good players have bad patches of form but they are still good players,Rice would be a good example of that.
    As for the manager the one thing he can’t do is complain about backing in the transfer market.I think he’ll get us back playing well again, but who knows?This is West Ham we’re talking about! As frustrating as it is I accept as the real “West Ham Way”.
  • edited November 2019
    Slacker said

As for the manager the one thing he can’t do is complain about backing in the transfer market.I think he’ll get us back playing well again, but who knows?This is West Ham we’re talking about! As frustrating as it is I accept as the real “West Ham Way”

https://www.hammers.news/columnist/manuel-pellegrini-comes-out-fighting-but-has-been-hung-out-to-dry-by-owners-sullivan-and-gold/

Just someones opinion but a few valid points.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Another impressive outing for Leicester - the pace and movement in their side. And defensively solid too. Rodgers is doing an excellent job - losing Maguire has made little difference to them.

So we are allowed to talk positively/admiringly about other teams? If I had known that I would've said a few words about Li..... Actually forget everything I just wrote :wink:
    One of the differences being of course that I don’t actually want them to win and do well!

It is more a question of envy rather than admiration from a West Ham point of view
  • Lukerz said:

You would seriously consider recalling Trott at this rate.

I also think a younger keeper next summer with the view to succeeding Fabianski is a priority. We need to spend some money on an up & coming keeper, or bring Trott onto the bench.

I assumed Dave Martin was a young keeper when we signed him :doh: This would be the perfect position for an up and coming keeper to step into. Though Fabianski's going to be ahead of them, he's 34 and so they're not stuck behind a player with endless years in front of them.

If he isn't good enough to play now we might as well cancel his contract. I think Roberto is our worst signing for a long time, I think. The only saves he makes are quick reactions to shots taken from near him.

Outcast, re your comment about you think Roberto is our worst signing for a long time, you meant since the start of last season !..IMO on par with another Pelle masterclass signing one of the worst Midfielders I have ever seen ( when playing for Villa ) step forward Mr Carlos Sanchez, a waste of space & money.
    1. I forgot about Sanchez.
    2. I think Roberto is even worse.
    3. Maybe we should put Sanchez in goal?
  • I wish I could forget about Sanchez and can’t about Roberto as he will be playing in goal for us for the foreseeable future costing us a goal or two per game. The last 2 goals he “let in” on Saturday were just not that of a goalkeeper who should be playing in the Premier league.
  • Someone call Henri Lansbury
  • He's at Villa, one of their B team.
  • Back from my holiday.

:wave:

How are Watford getting on?