Home to the barcodes ....... Saturday 2nd November, 15:00

Comments

• Pelle will do his usual after the match interview, mumble his way through it & u can't even understand half of what he is saying, thinking tho, it seems like he doesn't even know what he is talking about...How poor are we, IMO we are gonna be in a hell of a dog fight to stay up, there are far worse teams who fight more than us...Hate to dig on about Pelle, but IMHO have never seen what people saw in him, a few good games last season & he has the ability to make players worse, poor.
  • On today’s performance Newcastle could have (still might) emulated Leicester’s 9 at Southampton.
  • MIAHammer said:

Remember when all those people were saying no way to Shelvey. What would we give to have someone like him here now?

We’re not playing well but come on.
  • Still time thorn
  • Lukerz said:

Shocking, no keeper should get beat there.

Turns out signing 33 year old freebies are not the most reliable options when your main keeper suffers an injury
    Who'd have thought it? It's as bad as having Jussi between the sticks again.
  • Anderson is shocking. I don't think he could give a damn.
  • I can’t wait for Suzanne’s comments on today - most notably about Shelvey’s contributions to Newcastle’s cause
  • Buffy

Jussi was much better than Roberto imo
  • I don't want to be on here when suz is...……... :sofa:
  • 3-0. Can’t we play Fab with his bad leg.

is it against the rules to have a wheelchair on the field? :hmm:
  • Buffy

Jussi was much better than Roberto imo

Maybe, but I always felt Jussi was a liability (we only got him cos he was free, typical G&S option) and I feel exactly the same now.
  • Hamstew said:

Anderson is shocking. I don't think he could give a damn.

I follow him and Lanzini on Instagram (well, did) and you get the impression they're more interested in the lifestyle that being a pro footballer affords than the football itself. Could be a generational thing I suppose, but they don't strike me as people that care a great deal about what happens on the pitch.
  • edited November 2019
    What's truly awful is that all their goals have come from set pieces, although they've had plenty of chances from open play. It speaks volumes about what they're doing or not doing in training.

Danny Gabbidon on commentary says he can't understand how Zab even started given he was up against Saint-Maximin.

Balbuena :scarf:
    Inswinging corner by Anderson, couldn't understand why Snoddy takes them from the left side as they are outswinging.
  • Ole's from the Newcastle fans. Sums it up.
  • Well we scored
  • Do we care
  • Lukerz said:

Shocking, no keeper should get beat there.

Turns out signing 33 year old freebies are not the most reliable options when your main keeper suffers an injury
    Our recruitment in the summer was dreadful. Two journeymen 'keepers. No improvement at full-back, no cover at centre back, no pace or steel added to midfield, 50% reduction in strikers.

Quite a few of us called it, so it can come as no surprise that when we get injuries (Fab) or players lose form and have no adequate cover (Rice, Haller, Anderson) then we're going to get found out.

I would honestly rather see the U23 team given a few games. Would they actually do any worse?
  • We have a little hope. 15 minutes to get something.
  • 1 point from our last four games, three of which were at home. Feeble.
  • And of our back four, only Diop we spent decent money on. It shows.

• 1 point from our last four games, three of which were at home. Feeble.

Yeah, but to be fair it was City, Liverpool, Leicester and Chelsea.

Oh no, that's right.
  • edited November 2019
    This performance is the worst so far, amid some really poor performances.

Roberto reminds me of when a team had to put an on field player in goal, he is doing his best but doesn't look like a proper keeper. He is doing really well for a non keeper, except he is supposed to be one.

No attacking threat again. Haller is being wasted on his own.

Poor squad management in my view as didn't replace Adrian properly and sold too many strikers which were not adequately replaced. We have needed Chico come on when looking to find goals and we have no one. I was not against allowing him to leave but needed replacing properly.
  • Looking at our fixtures we are going to be in trouble come xmas
  • edited November 2019
    Agree about Chico, for once we had a proven goal scorer, a been there done that and more than capable player who knows how to find the net, but our trusted manager Pelle couldn't fit him into our team to suit his tactics...shocking IMO
  • we've got tactics???
  • Hamstew said:

Looking at our fixtures we are going to be in trouble come xmas

I actually quite like the Championship.
  • Carroll is on but the jokes on him ……….he cant hurt us now :biggrin:
  • 5 minutes of stoppage time
  • Snodgrass