Home to the barcodes ....... Saturday 2nd November, 15:00

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Zabaleta should have been let go end of last year. He is now past it. How Pelle can’t see a team with no pace doesn't require Masuaku & Fredericks is beyond me.
  • Half time at last. At least we get 15 minutes where we are Newcastle’s equals.
  • That was as bad as I've seen from any West Ham team and manager in a long time. Dismal, shambolic, shameful.

As always, start with no pace or intensity and let the other team come at us and realise just how passive and weak we are.

They've got through several times from what were basically clearances or tackles. Horror show and I hope they're all ashamed of how they've played.
  • Why isn't Noble more vocal? He is supposed to be leading the side. not putting the blame on him for an abysmal performance but he is not doing the captains role IMO
  • They won’t be ashamed though. They’ll just say things are not going for them at the moment but they’ll keep working and have great talent in the squad and will soon turn things around. With the games coming up I can see us still having 13 points at Christmas.
  • Hopeless.

Sadly this is the only valid description of that first half

And it doesn’t need to be prefixed with IMO either
  • I must have been such a bad person in my last life ,Being forced to come back and surport West ham :weep:
  • Lukerz said:

Zabaleta should have been let go end of last year. He is now passed it. How Pelle can’t see a team with no pace doesn't require Masuaku & Fredericks is beyond me.

Been saying this for a couple of weeks now. I'm just so bored of West Ham at the moment; same deficiencies season after season. No pace, no intensity, no desire, no identity.

To be honest I switched off after the Palace game. No point letting this lot ruin my weekends. From the top down this club is not good enough to compete with the best and we're miles away from being a top 6 club. We've spent more than we ever have done over the last couple of seasons and still can't get it right.
  • Not sure anyone can defend that 1st half performance, so sad to see. It's over to you Pelle to sort it out & fix it & get something out of the 2nd half. :scarf:
  • Maybe we’ve always been this pathetic in defence but Fabianski was masking it.
  • I don’t even mind us not being a top 6 side. That’s never been a realistic target and certainly won’t be for a while yet.

But I do want to enjoy watching how we attack and seeing some passion, intensity and pace from our players. We’re getting none of that and haven’t all season.

I’m not even that upset about the performance, really. Very, very predictable. And even when we aren’t losing, we’re still unbelievably boring to watch. We create so few chances and have so few shots.

I think it’s fair to expect with West Ham that you aren’t going to be challenging to win things. But it would be nice to enjoy watching us play once in a while.
  • OCS I don’t think it matters how much we spend or what players we bring in but it’s more down to the attitude and philosophy of the club. I think they’ve been too tied up in the “academy of football” belief and we’ve not kept pace with how the game is played nowadays.
    I’ve been a supporter for nigh on 70 years now and in all that time I can’t recall ever having a team which played or tried to play like a top team.
    We play with zero intensity and seem to try to see how things go before we decide what we should try to do but if the others play with intensity we have no idea how to counter it.
  • Yarmo and Nobes off for Lanzini and Ajeti
  • Takes a secret note that Steve is ripe for procuring to the red side...

Seriously though, we need more than Fredericks and Antonio. We need a totally different mentality and culture. A mindset of penetration and a bit more mental fortitude. Plus plenty of other stuff I'd imagine

I'm going to say it.... "Pellegrini out"
  • How poor must we have been that Pellegrini thinks Ajeti will improve the team!
  • Thorn ............. we did OK in the 86 season
  • Wow, Lanzini on for Yarmi and Ajeti on for Noble
  • edited November 2019
    EPL is all about pace and speed - ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mark Noble and Pablo Zabaleta.
    The responsibility is all Pelle's.
    We seem to have no defensive ability nor attacking ability.
    I posted on another thread last week that maybe he's not the right fit for us - he seems to be out to prove me right. I would, however, love to be proved wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why has Yarmo gone off? Surely Zab should have been subbed. :puzzled:
  • Baz...….. :hmm:
  • MIAHammer said:

How poor must we have been that Pellegrini thinks Ajeti will improve the team!

Literally his only choice.

Because, you know, we let four forwards go replaced them with two.

Yeah. Smart, that.
  • 3-0. Can’t we play Fab with his bad leg.
  • Not shelvey of all people
  • edited November 2019
    Shocking, no keeper should get beat there.
  • Ive seen enough
  • Ok this is beyond defendable now

Pelle’s position is surely in question now
  • Remember when all those people were saying no way to Shelvey. What would we give to have someone like him here now?
  • Shocking, no keeper should get beat there.

Turns out signing 33 year old freebies are not the most reliable options when your main keeper suffers an injury
  • Big sam will save us :wahoo: