other PL games this weekend 25th Oct onwards

Comments

• edited October 2019
    Tomori's played quite a lot this season (more PL minutes this season than Foden has had in three) and been good? Foden feels like I've been endlessly told he's good but never seen him do anything. (*coughjackrodwellcough*)
  • I'm not knocking Tomori, far from it. But you get him, Mount etc literally playing several games and all of a sudden they're called up. Foden is more than good. Hes about as far from Rodwell as it gets and will be our main creative MF. Yes, hes not had Prem minutes but hes already bossed a youth World Cup and hes totally 'unEnglishlike' from a skills/movement/vision perspective.

#IMO
  • if he’d played the minutes Mount or Tomori had then he’d be in. The one I can’t understand is how Maddison isn’t getting England caps yet. He deserves it far, far more than Foden at the moment.
  • Injury or attitude according to some
  • Not sure Liverpool want him :wave:
  • It is not as if he isn’t already, but Frank is cementing his legend status at the Bridge, Six wins on the bounce, fair play to him :clap:
  • Frank Lampard who is new to managing has 6 wins on the bounce with a team that he has mostly inherited.
    MP who has had 16 months with a West Ham team almost half of whom he's brought in has 1 point from the last 4 games.
    :hmm:
  • Tomori, Abrahams, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Zouma were all available to previous managers but Lampard plays them. Bit more than inheriting them imo.
  • edited October 2019
    bubbles, what's the point you are trying to make?

And is it in any way affected by the fact that last season, with a team he largely inherited, Pellegrini got 4 PL wins on the bounce, like Lampard has just done?

And if Lampard never repeats that run of success, will it indicate that he's getting worse as a manager?
  • I do hope that Norwich can do the Manchester double later today :biggrin:
  • MrsGrey
    My point is that maybe MP is not the right fit for us.
  • :hmm: At lest our our players wont be confused next game against Newcastle now theres only going to be one longstaff on the pitch :biggrin:
  • I do hope that Norwich can do the Manchester double later today :biggrin:

Utd just scored
  • Utd get one of those rare VAR penalty decisions when the ref doesn't award it, but Rashford has his spot kick saved :lol: . If VAR was used for keeper encroachment, then surely it would be retaken.
  • edited October 2019
    2-0 now anyway :doh: .
  • edited October 2019

MrsGrey
    My point is that maybe MP is not the right fit for us.

Sorry, not seeing how you are getting to that conclusion from the basis of Chelsea winning 4 PL games in a row.

Wouldn't the same 'fact' support the conclusion that a number of other PL managers are not good fits for their clubs, too?
  • MrsGrey
    Ok, sorry, there was no point to my post. I just put up the two statements for comparison. That's why I put the reaction :hmm:
    It was just something to consider, just a comment. I didn't realise there had to be a point to every post. :ok:
  • Meanwhile, there's quite a good game going on at Anfield.
  • I suspect it's quite good at the Emirates as well, Arsenal were 2 up, now 2-2 v Palace
  • edited October 2019
    Palace seem to get an awful lot of help from VAR
  • How on earth was the first Utd penalty decision given by VAR, overturning the onfield decision? :hmm:
  • Just wanted to mention that it was a pleasure to see Spurs go one up after seconds and then lose :biggrin:
  • Spurs lost, so sad.
  • The Southampton players and coaching staff will donate Saturday's wages to the Saints Foundation charity which works with children, young people and at-risk adults in the Southampton area.
  • Everton & Spurs at least are making us look average ;)
  • Lol how was that not a pen?
  • Why are Spurs not wearing poppy shirts?
  • Because they are at home next week.
  • Terrible injury for Gomez. Hope it's not as bad as it looks.
  • Looks like a dislocated ankle.