Home to the blunts, Saturday 29th October, 15:00

Comments

• No, Husillos has opinions and does the business side of it, but Pelle makes final decisions.
  • Roberto should do better with the goal too, IMO.
  • Roberto should be dropped. That was terrible keeping.
  • Yeah, that was really poor keeping.
  • edited October 2019
    When he hit it, it was so obviously not cleanly struck that I thought, no danger, and yet it still beat Roberto; very poor imo.
  • That was pantz
  • Yeah pantz thinks of 2006 cup final
  • Husillos signs who Pelle tells him to sign.

Moreover wasn’t it Pelle who insisted on Husillos being taken on?
  • Roberto was also at least partly culpable for both Everton goals last week. As much as gylfi’s strike was a good one, it wasn’t in the corner and I believe both Fab and Adrian would have saved it.
  • How long is until we start to bleed in some of these youngsters like some of the other teams do? Just a question.
  • Two glaring issues for me and I feel both come down to the squad, Haller is not able to produce enough goals on his own and we simply don't have enough strikers for when we need attack a game. He will really impress when he gets someone alongside him causing defenders to have two players to think about as the extra space made for him will bring out the best in him.

The other is Roberto is not up to Premiership back up standard, he got beat at the near post against Everton and todays was really poor the ball had no pace on it and if he cant get to that he is not going to be much help in my view.

Player for Player West Ham are far superior to Sheffield United yet we are doing no better and couldn't take three points at home from them today, in my view that is a failure at some level. Imagine if they had Rice, Anderson, Diop and Haller? to bring it into context Sam Baldock gets a game for them! we had him about 6 years ago and would have been horrified if we saw him return to us this season.

We are letting points drop in matches we should be taking them.
  • C&B you are confused. The Baldock today was Sam’s brother George.
  • I think it was a decent game and probably the right result, although we could have been 3 up in the first ten minutes or so of the 2 nd half they also had chances.
    A big improvement on the shambles at Everton.
    Folks, you can’t win em all.
  • edited October 2019
    c&bsky,

:ok:

Who is responsible for not having a decent back up goalkeeper and leaving us without any real options to help Haller? Our scouts must have seen how Eintracht got the best out of Haller but we continue to play in a fashion that basically doesn't allow him to flourish. Just got to hope we can get to the New Year and limit the damage Roberto in goal is going to bring. I expect I will be criticised for continually being negative but I feel let down in so many ways especially over this dream of being able to compete at the top end after we moved stadium. Chelsea have a transfer ban at the moment and they don't appear to be doing too badly and their manager hasn't got many years under his belt unlike a certain Chilean one! :whistle:
  • Slacker we know you can’t win them all but I’d like to win one at the moment.
  • Strange subs for me Anderson was having his best game for awhile and snodgrass was probably our best player thought it took all our momentum out of of our play. We had enough good chances to win and players need to get closer to Haller to support him he is too isolated.
  • edited October 2019
    Hang on sheff u at home ,, the right result,
    At home !
    Is this a bottom 6point dog fight!
    Going down
  • The real problem is the weak bench. There was no one there who could come on and change the game with skill, power, intensity, pace or anything else. Since Antonio's injury that remains a problem. Why not give some reserves a chance?
    Haller gets little quality service and if that continues goal scoring will be a major problem.
    It was also a poor goal to concede. Have we won a game with Roberto in goal?
  • C&B you are confused. The Baldock today was Sam’s brother George.

Thank you Thorn, I wish you could have enlightened me whilst they were Playing as each time he got the ball all I could think of was how on earth is he still getting a game in the Premiership! I have just had a look and our Baldock was at Reading when last sighted.
  • For me, Roberto is very much turning into the modern day Allen McKnight (for those of you old enough to remember)
  • edited October 2019
    Thanks for the reminder baracks ..... Allen McKnightmare :lol:
  • I want us to go with our first choice back four which is the one we played at the back end of last season. Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku. We haven’t played that back four once together this season, despite the fact we ended the last 3 games with it last season.
  • I doubt that will be our worst performance of the season, there were many good things. We kept possession well, dominated the midfield, but once again our finishing was very poor. It’s only occasionally that anyone wants to have a shot anywhere on the edge of the box, although we were there often enough. After the first 15 minutes it was pretty obvious we were unlikely to score against them by putting in high crosses to haller, as their defenders were pretty solid and 3 of them were 6ft plus, but still we continued. I won’t give Roberto a hard time over that goal, as it was mis hit, and his performance was generally ok, but he is not the quality we need to replace Fab. I wish Yarmo was not so one footed. He had 3 golden opportunities to strike the ball early, twice moving it onto his left and losing out, and the one time he shot with his right it was pretty soft straight into the keepers arms. I don’t think anyone had a particularly awful game, Snoddy did well, Rice was solid, Anderson was much better than recent weeks, but with another couple going in, we would be feeling rather different about yesterday.
  • Roberto is probably the best back up keeper we can get at the moment, unless we can offer European football then why would any keeper of Premier League standard want to sit on the bench watching Fabianski?
  • I don’t agree with that and I don’t even think Roberto is top half of champ standard either
  • I don't remember us being linked with any keepers during the summer apart from Roberto or David Martin and I doubt very much if replacing Adrian was an attractive prospect for any keeper with any ambition.
  • So, rubbish manager, rubbish keeper, porous defence, rubbish midfield and struggling strikers.
    We must be doing exceptionally well to be 9th in the table with that lot.
  • So it looks like another season where we need to hope there are 3 teams worse than us. :whistle:
  • And on the bright side, this is my first ever match thread where we haven't lost.

:wahoo:
  • edited October 2019
    IH , In all reality our performances do not warrant a top 10 place, do you think they do?, & by the end of games this weekend I doubt we will be in the top 10.
    Who has said we have a Rubbish manager, I'd rather someone else, however while he's here I hope he does well. Rubbish keeper, again- he hasn't over impressed, lots feel he could have done better with Everton's 1st goal & yesterday's goal, I feel he is OK, nothing more & hope Fab is back sooner rather than later, but Pelle says he has 100% confidence in him, so let's see..
    Our defence IMO do look suspect, surely you could see that, we look weak & when oppsotion have corners we often look likely to let a goal in.
    Our midfield have been disappointing , again if you can't see that, well then I'm not sure what to say, we have better than average players in that department, who are TBH looking average at the moment... & Haller, he struggles up top on his own, that is plain to see IMO, he needs players around him.

So while you can say we are 9TH it won't last & if we carry on how we have been playing the last few games we won't be going up the table, but quickly down it, at the moment our form is poor & that is the direction we are heading in..

Each to their own IH, but please respect others views even if you don't agree, we are all entitled to that.
This discussion has been closed.