Home to the blunts, Saturday 29th October, 15:00

Comments

• Agreed. Generally it’s 4 but sometimes it seems more like 0
  • Lawro says 2-0 :nonono:
  • Cresswell fit but other than that no real clues from Pellegrini's press conference yesterday.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lawro says 2-0 :nonono:

Unfortunately Arnie (the original one) is not quite so bullish on our prospects.
  • Aslef - :ok: I accept it was never going to happen, but I felt it would allow the full backs more licence to push forward on the overlap and get some crosses in to Haller.
  • As someone who lives in a little village about 15 miles from Sheffield, if you could see your way clear to win this one lads it would it would make this east end ex pat’s life just a little easier.
    Thanks in advance.
  • I see that the BBC are dragging up the Tevez issue again today.
  • Nothing wrong with this being an article IMO - after all it is the first time we have met in the PL after their many years out of it.

We were bang to rights IMO and even if they capitulated and contributed to their own downfall (on the pitch) we were extremely lucky not to be docked points IMO (which would have relegated us that season)
  • edited October 2019
    Phil Jagieka’s hand ball relegated the Blunts.

Carlos Tevez had nothing to do with it.

They are two SEPARATE issues that Colin, Sean Bean and the press like to smoosh together. Because it makes a better story than the Blunts being pants and Colin not been good enough to manage in the premier league.

• Phil Jagieka’s hand ball relegated the Blunts.

Carlos Tevez had nothing to do with it.

They are two SEPARATE issues that Colin, Sean Bean and the press like to smoosh together. Because it makes a better story than the Blunts being pants and Colin not been good enough to manage in the premier league.

Is the correct answer.
    I went the game at Sheff. U,it was (I think) 4-0 to them. Tevez played it was early April and it put them 10 points in front of us at the bottom of the table.

• edited October 2019
    Not getting enough points out of the 38 games they played relegated them.

Every win gets you 3, every draw gets you 1. Every loss gives 3 points to the opposition.

There are no bonuses for winning derbies, or grudge matches, or the 38th game. There are no extra minuses for losing 3 in a row, or losing the last game of the season.

On the last day, after the last match, the table doesn't lie.

#allnonsense #ancienthistory
  • Home win.
    I’m going, with a good friend of mine, who, due to being born in Sheffield is a blunt. I really need us to win, as whoever wins chooses where we eat and drink after, whoever loses pays. I have a table booked already.
  • Our house is within a common and the locals have a volunteer working party today - as trained chainsaw guy I am planning to have got enough on the deck by 2.45 for them to clear up so I can slip away and watch the game. COYI
  • Nothing wrong with this being an article IMO - after all it is the first time we have met in the PL after their many years out of it.

We were bang to rights IMO and even if they capitulated and contributed to their own downfall (on the pitch) we were extremely lucky not to be docked points IMO (which would have relegated us that season)

Isn't this why so many West Ham fans dislike them as well? Unless I'm missing some other history with them people are talking about.

I couldn't care less about them.
  • Also, this what the article is based on.

"Many years have passed since it all happened and I actually have a big admiration for West Ham with the way they've gone about it in the past," Wilder said.

"I think they are a very similar club to Sheffield United - a working-class club from the east end of London and the supporters want to see them play good football and work hard.

"I think a West Ham fan could have a beer with a Sheffield United fan and they'd have a lot to talk about - maybe they should, I don't know.

"But there are a few clubs whose fans maybe you wouldn't sit down and have a beer with. I'll leave you to fill the blanks in!"
  • The last couple of games have drained all my confidence in this team, so I’m very fearful for today :weep:
  • edited October 2019

They're consistently right with their predictions.

Zaba, Snodgrass and Cresswell Balbuena in.
  • Dont be fearful.... I know a place where you'll never walk alone. Its either Genk or Ghent :puzzled:
  • Spot on with the team selection.
  • It's right. And I'm concerned
  • Wilshere not even on the bench
  • I think it’s a good idea to make a few changes, and rightly both Fornals and Lanzini are left out.

Snoddy usually responds well to a period out of the team, so hopefully he’ll be playing with a bit of fire in his belly.

And please, please, please West Ham - come out with a bit of intensity. Just a little bit. Please.
  • :puzzled: odd team ....................... :sofa:
  • Yep some players deserve to be left out. Not sure Ogbonna does tbh but Anderson definitely does imo. Obviously no Holland in the team though so...
  • edited October 2019
    Think that's a bit harsh on Oggy and Fredericks but "Yarmo be there" and Snoddy will give more defensive cover than Lanzini.
  • edited October 2019
    Zab frightens me too
  • Just when you thought West Ham couldn't get any slower, they bring in Zaba and Snodgrass.

3rd oldest squad in the league, and I'd wager the slowest, too.
  • It looks like we've gone backwards. Let's see what happens bit imo if we don't win the manager is gonna get pelters.
  • Think that's a bit harsh on Oggy and Fredericks but "Yarmo be there" and Snoddy will give more defensive cover than Lanzini.

Agreed. I think Snodgrass and Yarmo deserve t be starting but it's a pretty radical change to our back 4 when you consider Cresswell also has been in and out of the first team a lot this season too. I'm all for consistency at the back personally.
This discussion has been closed.