Everton v West Ham, 12:30pm Saturday 19th October 2019

Comments

• Rice had 2 chances to get the ball away there. I think he’s run out of steam.
  • Rice has been worse than he was for England. Sigurdson left completely unmarked.
    An absolutely disgraceful performance with no ambition, no desire and no idea.
  • So so bad. Every player was awful not just one.
  • Absolutely comical performance

And if people think we have started well, we haven’t now

We have now just started our usual mid table mediocre points total after 9 games

We aren’t going anywhere so not sure what the ambition is for this club
  • Yes, totally deserved loss.
  • edited October 2019

But they won’t. They’ll trot out the usual post match drivel.

Yeah, I know. 'Bad day at the office'. 'Looking forward to bouncing back'. 'Quality throughout the squad'.

Empty words.
  • Rice has been hopeless but when you have no other option he is gonna have to keep playing all season
  • I wonder if we are actually doing worse considering the teams we have played?
  • Roberto was partly at fault for the first goal but apart from that did well.
  • Maybe a few fans should be allowed into the dressing room after performances like that.
  • Another mediocre season no cup runs and losing to lots of poor sides. We will survive because there are a few other very poor sides.
    Nothing has improved or changed under Pellegrini it’s just the same old disappointing West Ham every season.
  • edited October 2019
    I can't understand how Lanzini wasn't subbed off at half time, let alone playing the whole 90 mins. By far our weakest player today - misplaced passes and poor dribbling (both are meant to be his strengths) and then weak on the hall and no defensive input too. He also goes to ground way too easily.

Sometimes I feel he's invincible in this West Ham team and will never get dropped. He was quite clearly our weakest player with Fornals being second (although at least he worked hard).

Sigurosson's finish shows just how much better an attacking midfield player he is than Lanzini who I think is highly overrated.
  • That was actually worse than the Palace game :weep:
  • OCS
    Great idea, unlesh our fans on them, in changing room.
  • Maybe a few fans should be allowed into the dressing room after performances like that.

I’m happy go on in and explain why we are not pleased.
  • I'd be seriously tempted to recall Diangana back from his loan spell.
  • All the talent and technical ability is there.

What’s missing is even the slightest bit of intensity, hunger and real desire to be pushing towards the European places.

We’re so passive and pedestrian and we deserve to be beaten by teams who actually want the points.

And a big thanks to Pelle after the humiliation at Oxford - thanks for throwing away something that would really matter to the fans (a cup run) to then take 1 point from games against Bournemouth, Palace and Everton. Quality.
  • I think we should push for no more of our games to be televised because generally we sho ourselves to be a laughing stock to the rest of the nation.
    There is absolutely no excuses whatsoever for that shambolic performance and I can scream when I hear commentators say “they wanted it more” or “they had more desire and intensity”.
    Surely wanting to win and a desire to compete is a given for a professional footballer. It normally is even for Sunday league players.
  • Complete bottle jobs. Can't push on when in a decent league position, can't kick teams when they are down, can't get on a cup run when playing league 2 opposition. More interested in playing FIFA and doing prank videos.
  • Season after season we come up agains a “crisis club” who haven’t won a game for ages and the manager’s on the brink and we make them look like world beaters.
    That performance was an embarrassment.
  • I cannot understand why Anderson went off and Fornals stayed as Anderson, Lanzini and Yarmolenko have been our most effective combination behind Haller.

If we'd done that the Wilshere could have replaced Lanzini instead of Noble.
  • Jorderz it does make you laugh playing weakened sides in the cup and then getting three poor performances in a row.
    It doesn’t really look like Pellegrini has any desire left a bit like most of the players.
    No idea why West Ham players don’t show the necessary desire and passion in most games instead of one or two games a season.
    It has been allowed to happen for so long now you can see why players like Payet , Arnautovic and probably Haller soon, decide there is no future at West Ham.
  • IMHO feel Pelle is just too soft, I cannot see him reading the riot act to that performance, I might & hope I'm very wrong, just my observation...But that game was shambolic, hopeless beyond hopeless..
  • We have one of the highest paid managers in the league and IMO we are far from getting our money’s worth
  • Lukerz said:

Absolutely comical performance

And if people think we have started well, we haven’t now

We have now just started our usual mid table mediocre points total after 9 games

We aren’t going anywhere so not sure what the ambition is for this club

Yeah, 12 points from City, Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth, Villa, Norwich, Palace, Everton and Man U is actually not very good at all for a club supposedly with European ambitions.

Haller aside, it was an average transfer window at best and I'm pretty sure we won't right those wrongs in January.

As you say Lukerz, mediocrity is once again the best we can hope for.
  • Haller is starting to look like “What have I done?”.
  • It was so embarrassing we even had Ogbonna hitting Roberto in the face trying to clear and it went over the bar.
  • "Everton gave more than 100 per cent. I think that we are able to play better. Maybe when you're in Everton's situation you have more energy."
    - Manuel Pellegrini

That's a poor comment IMO. Not a good excuse for lacking energy.
  • I reckon we shouldn't be sucked into the spin about us having European ambitions because we don't play like or have the players, may be that is the problem, to be genuine contenders. :angry:
  • More energy... We just came off an intl break with just Rice and Yarmolenko in action. :lol:
    That's a poor excuse.
This discussion has been closed.