Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• Just realised it is not possible to say the word 'pop' without sounding like Rowan Atkinson.
  • Try 'Bob' :biggrin:
  • Baz

:ok:

Both words start and end with bilabial stops, [p], voiceless bilabial stop,
    [b], voiced bilabial stop, so sound almost identical.
  • If you say "pob" and "bop" you can hear a clear difference - almost. ;)
  • edited January 2020
    I'd just like to say that being awake, showered, dressed and in the office by 8:30 is not nice...

• Luckily, I dont have to be among the living until about 615pm to strut my stuff. Performing in front of an audience takes all day for me to mentally prepare for...
  • Baz - what is it that you do, it sounds a bit more interesting than my gig which requires me to be on the 6.50am heading downtown :weep:
  • Guaranteed it's a Gerry and the Pacemakers tribute act
  • For the majority of last year (and currently) I played in pool tournaments. I teach people how to play/host clinics. When my circs changed I turned to it from adversity. But now its how I bring my dollars in and the 'norm' for me (I used to play on the Pro/Am snooker circuit 30 years ago but gave it up when I met my sons mother and didn't play for 20 years).
  • edited January 2020

Guaranteed it's a Gerry and the Pacemakers tribute act

Now we're really talking dream jobs!

#Don't let the 'Son' catch you crying#

#Ewell Neves Walker loan - from the archives

• A very young Rod Stewart, with one of the few songs I know that references pool.
  • edited January 2020
    I wish my Dad had a decent cue I couldve stolen!

No lie though my Mums name is Margaret 'Maggie' (twilight zone music)
  • Couldn't understand what John Peel was doing playing mandolin - this explains it:

• edited January 2020
    This story just popped into my head.

George Melly was interviewing Mick Jagger and asked him "Mick, why are you so wrinkled?
    Mick Jagger replied "They're laughter lines George" to which George Melly replied back "Mick, nothing is that funny" :lol:
  • alderz getting name-dropped on Grey's Twitter. About stats, obvs.
  • alderz getting name-dropped on Grey's Twitter. About stats, obvs.

Gotta eat somehow
  • https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134190

Posted as a discussion topic to assess people views? :ok:
  • https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134190

Posted as a discussion topic to assess people views? :ok:

He wants change. Fair enough, but what exactly?
  • So much demanding this and demanding that.

Sheesh.
  • Seems to me if him and his cronies can pony up £100m or so, they can be the board, and tell themselves what to do.

Otherwise it just comes across as self-entitled whingeing.

And him and his ilk don't speak for me.
  • I think these two are worth a read, although you might be depressed at the end of them.

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43713

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43710

• No comment: as in the Brexit fiasco, I stayed out of the loop deliberately. I'm off to watch a video of the Hammers beating Bournemouth again :biggrin:
  • Our U23s won tonight 2-0 in the top of the table clash against Man Utd - Holland (obvs) on the scoresheet. Anang sent off for two yellows apparently.
  • edited January 2020
    Holland is off to Oxford Utd and Powell and Coventry are off to other lower league teams all on loan (all according to Ex). Will more than likely effect their league position over the remainder of the season if true.
  • Is Lindelof the centre back equivalent of Roberto? Absolutely shocking.
  • It’s going to be a long drive back to Surrey tonight for the Man Utd supporters
  • alderz said:

:wave:

I am still playing the full version of FM19, and have been enjoying a home grown challenge where you can only sign homegrown players (nation not club), and Bournemouth are an easy one to start with for that sort of challenge so I'm them, for now.

Chelsea would be interesting for a homegrown save. Can you replace all of the stars with homegrown players and still be successful...? :hmm:

There reserve team is full of quality youngsters so I reckon so :thumbsup:
  • Almost 9 years on this site.

Will be a Decade on this site next year O_O

plaudits to the Grey's and Moderating team who have kept it going this long so far.
  • Yeold

And equally to those who contribute - there's no forum without content.

(Lurkers, you're always welcome to comment, bu no pressure.)
This discussion has been closed.