Couldn’t think.... part three

Comments

• edited March 2020
    Trying a variation on sprouts with dinner today, currently resting in the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and honey baste, hopefully to make them nice and crispy when baked, and then to be mixed in with Chorizo and red onion.
  • Blimey Expat, if you don't like them then just don't buy them. :lol:
  • edited March 2020
    I love experimenting with me sprouts,
    last time that I cooked roasted sprouts they were rather nice.
    Expat junior loved them

How's everyone coping .................... good I hope.
    Both Mrs E and I are still breathing

Not Coronavirus that will get us, more likely a Corona bottle :lol:
  • Brentwood calling, Brentwood calling.

Food - good
    Health - good
    Garden - exceptional
    TV - :doh:

:lol:
  • And for those stuck inside

• I used to have, a long time ago, a book called 'The Book of Heroic Failures' by Stephen Pike (I think.) This would have made it in the Chapter on The Worst Inventors!
    I read Magnet Man's account to the wife, and could hardly finish I was laughing so much... :biggrin:
  • Looks like our sleeve sponsor, Basset & Gold, has gone into administration.

So that's XL Holidays, Alpari and Basset & Gold that have all collapsed whilst sponsoring West Ham.

Not just the fans' mood that the club like to ruin...
  • Everyone who uses the Tube should watch this. I met a bunch of ERU when I was doing a safety inspection at Canary Wharf, fantastic people.

These are they people who came when I had my one under two years ago.

Just thought I'd share

And yes, they once rescued a cat that had got stuck on a bridge over the track at Acton junction.
  • Ye gods, when will the barbers re-open

Mrs E has taken to calling me BoJo :weep:
  • Stop dying your hair blonde then. :run:
  • IronHerb said:

Stop dying your hair blonde then. :run:

A bottle would last a decade :lol:
  • For those of you honing up on your cooking skills this lockdown, I can thoroughly recommend some recipes of Marcus Wareing. Somewhat involved but well worth the effort.
  • edited April 2020
    I keep bursting out with Bing Crosby songs

The wife thinks I've caught Crooner Virus

:yercoat:
  • Expat, you forgot this one as well :yercoat: :biggrin:
  • Expat, you forgot this one as well

This one as well ?

Nah, don't remember him singing that one

:biggrin:
  • So what do we think about the Newcastle takeover? Envious at all?

Big talk from around Champions League football (sound familiar?) but their new owners may have the finances to actually achieve it.

Could go either way for them, obviously, but it feels right now like they'll be another team on our level that will pull away from us (see Leicester, Wolves, Everton).
  • Looking at comments from Newcastle fans on twitter they seem over the moon. But then listening to the football ramble podcast where one of the presenters is a Newcastle fan and emailers writing in they are disgusted and have fallen out if love with the team. Due to the new owners past. I've not really read into it myself but interesting to hear.
  • I see our owners are 135 and 286 on the times rich list, could be worse.
  • They still owe me for the Spurs tickets I bought :lol:
  • WOW, just manged to change a bicycle inner tube in about 10 minutes.

Last time I changed one was probably in the early 1970s :lol:
  • So do you mean you improved your time by around 1960 minutes? :run:
  • Just an apology- due to an age related condition effecting my hand control I may have inadvertently posted a comment (made me laugh) on others posts. My Daughter pointed this out and has now shown me how to delete. I’ll be more careful in future. No offence intended. 👍
  • Dull match tonight between Colchester and Exeter. Hoping the Grecians can turn a 1-0 defeat around on Monday. About time they went up to League 1
  • Roberto was in goal for Alves 6-0 away loss at Celta Vigo yesterday although to be fair they were only 1-0 when they got a man sent off after 17 mins.

He's conceded 8 goals in 3 games but actually kept a clean sheet against Real Sociedad
This discussion has been closed.