Other games 5-6th October

Comments

• edited October 2019
    That was such a soft penalty to say the least, but not an obvious mistake as Mane gets the academy award of the games so far, it was such an after the tiny touch reaction, so poor & yet clever .....HATE Liverpool, dislike Brendan, I was never gonna be happy..but that penalty, shambles & somewhat embarrsing while clever by Mane IMO
  • I'd be gutted if that was given against us, and it's sickening that Liverpool are still the blue eyed boys and are getting ridiculous decisions in their favour.
  • Borderline penalty but Milner playing the role of closer once again
  • edited October 2019
    'Mane dived'

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester

Kevin Kilbane

Former Republic of Ireland winger on Final Score

I don't think it's a pen. There was contact initially and then Mane dived. I think he fell over and dived to win the penalty. Not overturned because it's not a clear and obvious error.

Pretty much exactly what I said, apart from the fact that it is a clear and obvious error. They need to man up and start overturning these decisions.
  • Just another example of VAR not wanting to overrule the on-field ref.

We had an absolute stone-waller against Norwich not given and VAR didn't overturn it, and now the ref gives a very soft penalty and again VAR does nothing.
  • Coleman sent off for Everton so should miss next week I think?
  • Everton are a hot mess right now
  • Oh come on! Every player/team in the Prem go down for the pen there! Are you telling me Lanzini doesnt go down for example? I know 100% Sterling n co at City would too. Its how it is and VAR confirmed the decision. There wasnt a 'soft, barely any contact VAR reply'.
  • Burnley are flying under the radar!
  • edited October 2019
    Bazshuayi said:

Oh come on! Every player/team in the Prem go down for the pen there! Are you telling me Lanzini doesnt go down for example? I know 100% Sterling n co at City would too. Its how it is and VAR confirmed the decision. There wasnt a 'soft, barely any contact VAR reply'.

Not every player/team gets the penalty though.

If that's given against West Ham (or Liverpool), you'd be happy?
  • Watford gone, do we think?
  • Baz, that's an extremely biased opinion from a supporter of a side that gets way more than its fair share of extremely favourable decisions. It was an extremely soft penalty, he was still standing after the contact, then threw himself to the ground. This may not have been clear to the ref, but was completely clear on VAR.

Poor decision originally, and shocking that it wasn't overturned.

HE DIVED, clear as day.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Oh come on! Every player/team in the Prem go down for the pen there! Are you telling me Lanzini doesnt go down for example? I know 100% Sterling n co at City would too. Its how it is and VAR confirmed the decision. There wasnt a 'soft, barely any contact VAR reply'.

Not every player/team gets the penalty though.

If that's given against West Ham (or Liverpool), you'd be happy?
    I'd accept it because I know if that happens its clumsy contact in the area and likely to be given. Of course I'd prefer it if it was in our favour as opposed to against
  • Norwich shipped in FIVE against Villa :nonono:
  • MrsGrey said:

Watford gone, do we think?

Definitely too early to say. They’ll have another three managers before the season is out if it carries on like this though.
  • Come on Baz, why don't you just show your true colours - you're a Mickey mouse in disguise.😉
  • edited October 2019
    alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

Definitely too early to say. They’ll have another three managers before the season is out if it carries on like this though.
    Only 2 Watford managers until Xmas :wahoo:
  • Difference is when Lanzini did something similar he got a two game ban.
  • edited October 2019
    Wow Klopp moaningas usual in the after match interview, I cannot stick him, whether I agree with his moaning about yellow/red card with Salah foul or not......It's him I dislike immensely
  • MrsGrey said:

We can only hope :lol:
  • edited October 2019

Come on Baz, why don't you just show your true colours - you're a Mickey mouse in disguise.😉

I do show my true colours frequently...

I dont hide that:

I like Klopp (his bond with the players and fans especially)
    I like a lot of the Liverpool players and their style
    I want Liverpool to win the title instead of City again

Also...

I've been a West Ham die hard since 1973 for my sins and West Ham have caused me plenty of heartache and not a lot of exhilaration. Watching Sir Trev score the winner vs Arsenal in 1980 (to cap an amazing run for a second div side) was the most 'up' I've ever been football wise during that cup run

I'm a hammer til i die (crossed arms emoji :wink: )

Lastly... despite not being that bothered by other supporters writing negative comments on the match threads (we all have a right to sound off whether justified or not), you'll have to look hard for any comments from me slagging the team off on those threads when they're average or bad (and yes, I watched the whole game on NBCSN today - Stayed up all night actually to watch all the NBC live games)
  • I don't like Klopp because he's a whinger on the level with Mourinho or Colin.

As for the Liverpool players, yes, they're good, exactly what you'd expect for a team where seven of the starting XI had a combined cost of around £300m.

As for who wins the title I don't much care although the frustration of the Scousers down my local when they failed last season (and every season since 1990) is always a source of amusement to the rest of us.

Alisson is set to return after the international break and Adrian will be back on the bench so I'll be hoping Man U can be the first to stop Liverpool's winning streak. A dodgy last minute Pogba penalty at Old Trafford would be ironically fitting.
  • edited October 2019
    From possible 3rd we could be bottom half tonight or at least 10th
  • edited October 2019
    League position at this point in the season is irrelevant, imo. We've taken 12 points from 8 games - 1.5 points per game, which, if we kept that up, would leave us on 57 points, and certainly in the mix for 7th, on previous seasons' stats.

Fixing on our league position to be elated or disappointed doesn't really make sense to me, when 3 points covers 3rd to 10th.
  • edited October 2019

From possible 3rd we could be bottom half tonight or at least 10th

So your saying we could be in the top half or bottom half?

• edited October 2019
    I hope Pelle is watching all the Man City games, to see how other teams play against them, so that he can come up with another strategy, other than all out attack.
  • Grey et al I think you’re missing my point. Yesterday we had Pelle, Noble and Rice all saying we are going for three points and we’d be up to third. A fairly lacklustre showing after we took the lead and we drop several places.
    My point was that if we seriously want to challenge for top six or seven or whatever then we should, especially when we take the lead, keep up a tempo and put pressure on the opponents. We’ve let slip 7 points so far from a winning position which is poor considering who we’ve played.
    We play some really good football at times but can’t seem to be consistent for 60 minutes let alone 90. Our mentality needs to change.
  • City keep putting in those high balls and Wolves defenders just heading them away all day long.
  • City losing at home to Wolves
  • From possible 3rd we could be bottom half tonight or at least 10th

Calm down

4 points off 2nd