7 wins away, since 1 Dec.

So not that great? What stat did I read? :lol:
  • Lol. But they are a dangerous team if underestimated imo
  • Lukerz said:

MrsGrey said:

7 wins away, since 1 Dec.

So not that great? What stat did I read? :lol:
    :lol:

I was just curious as to what '3rd best away record' actually meant in terms of results.
  • Palace haven't beaten us in the league since the 14-15 season. The last 4 seasons we've won 4 and drawn 4.
  • Is anyone else actually worried about this game or is it just me? Not sure if it's because I dislike them so much.
  • edited October 2019
    I'm always worried about West Ham games. There's as much chance of us losing this one 4-0 as there is us winning 4-0.

I think on paper we should win, and most pundits seem to be backing that up, but we've all supported West Ham long enough to know that that means absolutely nothing.

I think it'll finish 3-1, but have no confidence as to which way.

Irons.
  • I’m not overly worried, but for some reason I always find it concerning when we’ve gone so long without losing to a team.

And I worry about us when we’re really expected to win a game :sofa:
  • We have momentum now with Lanzini back and a settled side for the first time in ages. Haller to score, with either Diop or Ogbonna to get one from a set piece. 2-0.
  • 1. We aren't going to go unbeaten for the rest of the season; the longer we go without a loss, the closer our next loss comes. :biggrin:

2. In the PL, any team can beat any team, especially when the matches are played on grass :wink:

3. Palace don't score much.

4. They have a better GD than us (but only because we've played Man City).

5. So on paper we should win, as OCS says. But see (3). :sofa:

I'm not too bovvered about the result, but would like to see us continue with our good style of play. #consistency

• We're gonna win, chill... :footie:

(and yes Im talking about West Ham! Liverpool dont need me to type it as theyll do it without my hopes and dreams)
  • Just off to the station. Meeting Expat for pre match cocktails 🍸
    Rather hoping for a superb performance and 3 points. Although to be fair, a scrappy old game and 3 points will do.
    Irons
  • Spurs lose, Liverpool win against Leicester, Arsenal and Bournemouth draw we beat Palace and sit in third with Pep sweating as he feels our breath on his shoulder. How's that for a weekend?
  • And found a bar in Cyprus the station that’s showing the game so stick your all inclusive and grandkids back to your parents :lol:
  • Lanzini back :wahoo:
  • Third with a win. Hope we put in a big performance and show how good we are going forward.

COYI
  • :scarf: Nothing less then a win COYI
  • Spurs lose, Liverpool win against Leicester, Arsenal and Bournemouth draw we beat Palace and sit in third with Pep sweating as he feels our breath on his shoulder. How's that for a weekend?

And yet another reason why we won’t turn up today. We rarely do well when we have a chance to progress up the table. But, like an insane person, I continue to have hope!
  • Just heard on TV that if we win today, it will be our best start in 20 years!
  • MIA :ok:

This is a test of whether we're improving, IMO. How many chances to get seventh last season did we pass up?

We can cement a top four place going into an international break and what a boost that will be. Hopefully the players can step up this time and take that chance.
  • Just for once(65 years since my first game) is like to be blowing bubbles tonight but 65 years is hampering my optimism :wahoo:
  • So if you were in Shawshank Redemption, you'd be institutionalized... Me too I reckon (46 years)
  • Haller could do with a goal.

And Felipe MUST be due one.
  • Kouyate starts for Palace.

Watch him go prime Patrick Vieira on us
  • edited October 2019
    And

Zaha to fall over and get a pen
    Lanzini to be fouled and get a yellow card
This discussion has been closed.