Caribou Cup

2»

Comments

• Unless there is the means to replay the game, I would have thought the only punishment would be to expel them from the tournament if indeed the player was ineligible
  • As per the article, Sunderland did it (admin error) and didnt get chucked out
  • edited September 2019
    And we lost the replayed game against Villa I believe

But as it's Liverscouse ......................... chuck 'em out

:biggrin:
  • Yes we did

I dont mind Liverpool being chucked out. Less fixtures to be concerned about (later rounds) and even more focus on winning the title
  • edited September 2019
    Sunderland played an illegible player in August 2013 but the error wasn't discovered until December by which time Sunderland had progressed to the semi finals.

If they'd thrown them out MK Dons would have had to play Peterborough, the winner of that game would have to play Southampton, the winner of that played Chelsea and the winner of that a two-leg semi against Manchester United, all before the final on 2nd March.

Kicking Liverpool out and allowing MK Dons to face Arsenal at home would be very simple in comparison.

Or MK Dons could agree to replay the match with Liverpool paying for all the tickets so fans would get in free which is what Villa did with us (might be a nice little earner for the Dons).
  • Chuck them out of the world :lol:
  • Calm down calm down
  • edited October 2019
    Fined.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49903437

It looks like a fine was the penalty because Liverpool had already flagged up a query with the FA about the need for the international clearance paperwork (which it was the FAs job to sort out) prior to playing him in the U23 games. The FA had said it was OK to play him in those games even though they he didn't have the clearance.
  • Sounds about fair to me
  • edited October 2019
    Curious that they were fined at all?

:hmm:
  • Well, they did field an ineligible player.
  • Apparently the FA did consider harsher punishments of which one was insisting Pelle gets to pick their team for next round.
  • Or they had to take Sanchez off our hands for the remainder of the season but Klopp said we shouldn’t reward Sanchez with a title medal because on his cv would look like he could play a bit :lol:
  • Watching the Liverpool Arsenal game.

What is this defending of which you speak. Never heard of it.
  • Adrian must be giving Klippety some daggers; that kid in the Liverpool goal is having a poor game.
  • No extra time tonight, which is excellent cos all of these kids still have homework to do.
  • 5-5.

That's ridiculous. Commentator saying it's a great advert for the Carabao Cup.

It really isn't. 10 goals is an advert for anyone running a football training camp focussing on defending.

#signemup
  • edited October 2019
    At the end of the day you mess about a bit, score and let in 10 goals between you, but the most important thing is another Liverpool win :run: :scarfeng:

#Carabaoooo
  • Actually, for me, the most important thing was that West Ham had already been knocked out of the competition
  • I figured it was best for my state of mind to ignore our lack of achievement
  • On the plus side, Colchester are in the hat.
  • RSPCA raid the arsenal training grounds today looking for dogs, they are worried about the fact they cannot hold onto a lead
  • Apparently they gave them 5 goals to reach for...
  • Oxford and Colchester given plum draws. The Manchester clubs.
  • Your use of the phrase 'plum draw' has made my day thorn.
  • So had we prevailed against the mighty oxford, we may well have been playing Man City at the London Stadium. I don’t feel quite so bad now - we all know how that would have worked out for us