Oxford United v West Ham 25/09/19, 19.45pm. Carabao Cup 3rd Rd. Time to graduate into the 4th Round.

Comments

• 4-0. Shows we effectively have a squad of 15 as our second string are a waste of space.
  • edited September 2019
    I dare someone to find a positive. How can we have done worse than the Wimbledon result. How is that even possible?
  • Lost for words
  • How embarrassing.
  • I hope this doesn’t derail our season. Definitely one of the most embarrassing results of all time.
  • :hmm: Find a positive sorry i cant
  • No improvement in the league makes up for this sort of disgrace.
    We won’t get Europe and we won’t win the fa cup we won’t get relegated so we could try in this cup.

What a shameful performance . Sickening.
  • We've had some embarrassing nights against lower league opposition in cups over the years but this might be the worst of the lot.
  • Dreadful display
    Feel for our fans who have been let down badly.
  • I’ve no idea what excuses Pelle and the squad will come out with after this shameful performance. There wasn’t one single positive to be gained from this and those playing tonight should give up a week’s wages and the club should compensate any fan who went there.
  • Just when the TV cameras thought it was safe to go elsewhere...............

Ha.
  • Quality of depth in squad - heavily lacking...

Yup. Was obvious in the summer, but not properly addressed. Again.

Still, I can't find too much ire as it was all so predictable.
    OK, maybe I can find a little ire.

4-0 against Oxford is utterly embarrassing. Shambolic attitude and application once again in a cup competition.

Noble will be wheeled out in the morning for the obligatory, 'there's quality throughout this squad', 'we'll regroup and go again in the league' soundbites that are all too familiar to us all now.
  • Work will be fun tomorrow
  • I’m getting sent a lot of messages about this result. Not happy :weep:
  • Shocking. To be honest results like this kind of ruin our start to the season in my book.
  • Let’s be honest even our league position flatters us. We’ve managed to tighten up a little at the back but having spent the money have looked largely non threatening going forward
  • Here’s a positive, we were lucky we didn’t concede more
  • If I was Gold and Sullivan . I would call Pellegrini in tomorrow and get him to give a number of players a written warning but also sack a couple of players .

For me these sort of displays year after year ruin the whole season .
  • Disgraceful

Nothing else really needs to be said imo

Absolutely disgraceful
  • edited September 2019
    The positive is because we rested a few that means we'll get something from the Bournemouth game :yercoat:
  • Hamstew said:

The positive is because we rested a few that means we'll get something from the Bournemouth game :yercoat:

We shall see
  • I have been a West Ham supporter for nearly 60 years and the story is the same. Regardless of the manager and the team we lose to teams from lower leagues. Can't figure it out.

Holland was the best player but withdrawn. Who did the manger think was going to supply crosses to Haller and Ajeti. Fornals, Wiltshire and Snodrass are not a good combination in midfield and Sanchez was poor. Masuraku was back to his worst. Zabaleta got easily beaten by anyone who could run at him. Balbuena was not the commanding player that he was last season. Ajeti showed no intelligence. The tippy-tappy football gave WHU plenty of possession but little in the final third
    The only consolation is that the scoreline could have been worst. Ocford has creted many good chances.
    Oh well, now to Saturday. Bournemouth are losing at Burton and it will be case of which team manages to shrug off its defeat by a lower league team.
  • Fans should be refunded ticket money at the least.
  • Worrying that we brought on Noble, Haller and Anderson at 2-0 and effectively got worse.
  • I just don’t understand how that West Ham team could lose to Oxford 4-0 I just don’t understand!!
    This is the worst result I can remember, it is going to take a long time for the shame of this result to go away.
  • Pengeman said:

Oh well, now to Saturday. Bournemouth are losing at Burton and it will be case of which team manages to shrug off its defeat by a lower league team.

Bournemouth. It'll be Bournemouth.
  • Don’t understand this result, I though the 11 looked decent..

Can only be about desire and attitude.

Shameful...
  • Groundhog Day - same questions to be answered but still trying to find the correct ones. We can meander along not showing any real progress which isn't acceptable but maybe I have unreal expectations.