West Ham v Man Utd H Sun 22 September 2pm. Do the Mata Matics and it adds up to a win for us.

Comments

• Hoping to see Herb open the next match thread too :thumbsup:
  • Hopefully a good atmosphere and a great chance to beat one of the ‘big’ teams will generate a bit more urgency in our play.
  • I thought I read or heard somewhere that Fredericks has played on the left before. If so, maybe Zab on the right and Fredericks on the left
  • I think Zaba at full back as he doesn't have the speed but his reading of the game is good and his attitude exceptional.

I think United are lacking confidence in themselves lately and all the talk around Pogba has not helped create what was perhaps their biggest strength under Ferguson which was the strength of the unit as a whole, even when big players came and went he kept the cohesion rock solid.

Our problem will be as it was against Villa I feel in that Haller will get isolated and we will find it hard to threaten their goal, but likely play some beautiful stuff in the approach to it.

Another draw I feel.
  • MIAHammer said:

I thought I read or heard somewhere that Fredericks has played on the left before. If so, maybe Zab on the right and Fredericks on the left

Fredericks once played as a left-sided midfielder while on loan at Brentford in 2012 but other than that he's always played on the right.
  • Charlie Nicholas says we are going to win 2-1 :wahoo:
  • Charlie Nicholas says we are going to win 2-1 :wahoo:

Even worse ..................... so does Lawro

:weep:
  • I'm going for a loss
  • Bet365 gives you 12/1 for a 2-1 win and 5/2 just for the win
  • Lawro predicting is to win!
  • Man U put out the B team last night in the Europa League, Rashford and Matic were the only players who started against Leicester last weekend.
  • No Pogba, Martial, Shaw, according to Ole.
  • Player to player, I really don’t think they’re a much better side than us anymore.

We’ve got a great chance to beat them.

Loss.
  • MrsGrey said:

No Pogba, Martial, Shaw, according to Ole.

No Martin Shaw? He used to be such a professional :run:
  • So, we're looking at

de Gea
    Wan-Bissaka Lindelöf Maguire Young
    McTominey Matic
    Pereira Mata James
    Rashford

Ashley Young on the left, 34 years old, never the best LB.

Get the ball to Yarmo!!!
  • We will need our front players to have a good game to get a win I think they have pace with Rashford and James to caused us problems I can't see us keeping a clean sheet . Think we will nick it 2-1
  • Lanzini a doubt, according to the boss.
  • Fornals will work better more centrally i think its where he played for Spain U21 i believe
  • Fornals played LW at the U21 Euros this summer (Arsenal's Dani Cabellos in the middle) but mostly played centrally for Villarreal and Malaga.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lanzini a doubt, according to the boss.

He also says Cresswell will be playing at LB.
  • Leighton buzzard bit harsh MrsGrey
  • No Lanzini? Well that's that then.
  • edited September 2019
    I want to see more from Yarmolenko in thIs game, I haven’t been too impressed so far.

If Fornals does start interested to see him inthe Lanzini role, from what I’ve seen they’re similar type of player.

Need Cresswell to get back his pre injury form and please put some crosses in...

James and Rashford are the Danger men apart from them I think we match up pretty well if not better...
  • MrsGrey said:

MrsGrey said:

Lanzini a doubt, according to the boss.

He also says Cresswell will be playing at LB.

• edited September 2019
    ASLEFshrugged

Get the ball to Yarmo!!!

----------------------------------------
    You heard what Aslef said, so "Yarmo, be there" for the pass.

:yercoat:
  • OCS please give your wife my sympathies. With his legs like that she must really have felt your boy kicking. :biggrin:
  • I've done my bit.... TFd Haller out. :thumbsup:
  • Lawro has predicted a 2-1 win for the Hammers, obviously we are now doomed.
  • Spuds losing 2-1
    A win against man u would very fashionable
    :antonio: