Aston Villa A Mon 16th Sept 8pm. Will Anderson turn the Heaton Villa?

Comments

• I hate Dean with a passion. :angry:
  • The linesman see it and just ignored it. What is the point of VAR if it can't do anything about that decision?
  • Mike Dean making it all about him, shock. Really, really poor decision, and he gave himself no time.

Masuaku has dived in though, he has made the ref make a decision. Didn't need to go in like that.
  • So dumb that VAR can’t look at it because it’s a second yellow rather than a straight red. It’s still culminates in a dismissal so the theory should be the same.

It feels like the rules they’ve set up on what they can and can’t check are so arbitrary.
  • Trouble is, Suze, even if Taylor had been screaming 'No, you mug!' like the rest of us, VAR couldn't get involved.
  • Incredible how we now have VAR but big decisions are still going against us.
  • edited September 2019
    True day :weep:
  • On BBC live text the pundits are all saying it was a definite booking. My stream was down and I’ve not seen it yet
  • What is the point of VAR? It never seems to be used for the things it actually should be used for and there are still stupid mistakes being made in every game it seems.
  • alderz said:

On BBC live text the pundits are all saying it was a definite booking. My stream was down and I’ve not seen it yet

He didn’t touch him.
  • So dumb that VAR can’t look at it because it’s a second yellow rather than a straight red. It’s still culminates in a dismissal so the theory should be the same.

It feels like the rules they’ve set up on what they can and can’t check are so arbitrary.

They are arbitrary. It's decided certain decisions can be looked at. Others can't.

I suppose it could be argued that all yellow cards should be reviewed by VAR, but that would be extending the scope of re-refereeing quite a lot.
  • And not really workable
  • The commentator on sky has said Nakamba’s first name every single time he’s touched the ball and it’s getting annoying
  • Ming's takes out Haller with an swinging arm.

• Hate Mike dean more then Man u or Liverpool :angry:
  • edited September 2019
    alderz said:

The commentator on sky has said Nakamba’s first name every single time he’s touched the ball and it’s getting annoying

They've all got their puns lined up, just waiting to use them.
  • MrsGrey said:

So dumb that VAR can’t look at it because it’s a second yellow rather than a straight red. It’s still culminates in a dismissal so the theory should be the same.

They are arbitrary. It's decided certain decisions can be looked at. Others can't.

I suppose it could be argued that all yellow cards should be reviewed by VAR, but that would be extending the scope of re-refereeing quite a lot.
    I didn’t suggest that. I suggested reviewing second yellow cards, as they result in a dismissal the same as a straight red.
  • But if the second was right and the first wasn’t then won’t people want to review the first yellow?
  • MrsGrey said:

So dumb that VAR can’t look at it because it’s a second yellow rather than a straight red. It’s still culminates in a dismissal so the theory should be the same.

I didn’t suggest that. I suggested reviewing second yellow cards, as they result in a dismissal the same as a straight red.
    I know. But yellow card decisions are decisions about whether or not a foul deserves a yellow. 1st or second, there's no difference qualitatively, or in criteria you use to judge it.

So really, I think you have to review none or all, to be fair to all players.
  • Maybe if there’s a sending off they review both yellows to make sure the player has done enough warrant a red, then.
  • Or refs could just do their jobs properly
  • Like what I have to
  • Keep a clean sheet :pray:
  • edited September 2019
    But after 5 yellows, you miss a game. What if one or two were not right?
  • Jorderz

Trouble with that is

a) you end up re-reffing the game

b) it slows the game down further, which no one wants
  • 3 minutes :pray:
  • Well I thought that was a bit painful.
  • edited September 2019
    Shame

Not overly fussed with a point

We didn’t show enough before the red which was disappointing

All those attacking players & none of them had a decent game

Game passed us by
This discussion has been closed.