Aston Villa A Mon 16th Sept 8pm. Will Anderson turn the Heaton Villa?

Comments

• edited September 2019
    Well, maybe. We would only be joint 2nd if Arsenal and Everton win but yet do worse than us goal-diff wise.

I mean, if that floats yer boat, fill yer boots. I personally wouldn't brag about where I was in week 5. Just like I wouldn't despair about where I was in wk 1.

Aston Villa could have had bragging rights because they were 2nd at the start of the season. If you are impressed by that sort of thing. (I'm not :ok: )

I mean, when Everton come along on Tuesday bragging that they're above us in the table - I would be utterly unimpressed. If you would be all :bowdown: then fair enough. Each to their own.
  • So..

Liverpool. Woo Hoo. Top of the league.
  • Come on Mrs G Baz doesn’t need any encouragement. 😀
  • Yes, it doesn’t mean anything in Week 5 but I’d much rather be joint 2nd than joint 19th.
  • edited September 2019
    MIAHammer said:

A win will take us joint 2nd COYI

It would have to be a right hefty win to equal city on GD

COYI
  • Liverpool were 7points clear last season and still finished 2nd
  • edited September 2019
    Yes a bitter pill 2nd with only the champions league victory as consolation :whistle:

We're gonna do it this season though!

And if not, Liverpool can win it instead... :wink: :tumbleweed:
  • edited September 2019

Come on Mrs G Baz doesn’t need any encouragement. 😀

I dont know why but the word 'intolerable' was the first one to come into my head (if Liverpool actually do win it). :biggrin:
  • Bazshuayi said:

I dont know why but the word 'intolerable' was the first one to come into my head (if Liverpool actually do win it). :biggrin:
    The words "Mass exodus from the forum" spring to mind :lol:
  • MrsGrey said:

Well, maybe. We would only be joint 2nd if Arsenal and Everton win but yet do worse than us goal-diff wise.

I mean, if that floats yer boat, fill yer boots. I personally wouldn't brag about where I was in week 5. Just like I wouldn't despair about where I was in wk 1.

Aston Villa could have had bragging rights because they were 2nd at the start of the season. If you are impressed by that sort of thing. (I'm not :ok: )

I mean, when Everton come along on Tuesday bragging that they're above us in the table - I would be utterly unimpressed. If you would be all :bowdown: then fair enough. Each to their own.

You give me the impression ,,we not allowed to be proud of West Ham’s achievement?
  • edited September 2019
    Over 10 - nil win I think ?

MIAHammer said:

A win will take us joint 2nd COYI

It would have to be a right hefty win to equal city on GD

COYI
  • And like my dreams

No one has said people are not allowed to do anything. :puzzled:
  • I said “ give the impression “
  • But MrsGrey literally said that if people are pleased then fair enough and “each to their own”

:hmm:
  • We would be joint second with Manchester City if we win tomorrow. That would be good enough for me to celebrate thank you very much.

Now we need them 3 points :scarf:
  • Bazshuayi said:

The words "Mass exodus from the forum" spring to mind :lol:
    I'll make sure there are plenty of comments for when the mass exodus return :wink:
  • Matchday :wahoo: COYI
  • It's my first day back at work after two weeks off, my meal break ends at 7:15pm and I finish 10:36pm so it will probably be our best game of the season...
  • I wonder how much of the pre match sky punditry will be about the crisis at Citeh, followed by .... Oh by the way, there's a game tonight right after the ad break
  • The David Cameron derby
  • I wonder how much of the pre match sky punditry will be about the crisis at Citeh, followed by .... Oh by the way, there's a game tonight right after the ad break

We are running a sweepstake on this very thing. How many pre-match 'air time' minutes will the teams playing tonight get.

Highest bid so far is 5 minutes!
  • Really looking forward to this. Been such a long wait, particularly as we’ve looked great in our last couple of games and Villa look there for the taking.

I know how this is going to go tonight :weep:
  • We could go third, which means .....Loss
  • Real litmus test for us this evening. A well-battled point or better still a win and we are maybe set for a breakthrough season, but if we lose I fear it will show we are still a middle/lower middle table team. Yes, our defense has been quite vulnerable at times, but our top 4 could and should be good enough to get us 1 or 2 goals a game. Will this be enough ? I will settle for a gutsy 2-2.
  • what a win will do to our confidence back to back away wins and with 3 wins on the bounce. 3rd in the league. We would go into the Man U game feeling really strong.
  • I’m 58 years old. And really rather looking forward to this game tonight, like a sprightly young teenager, with hope, expectation and desire. I wish to feel the same in the morning, and again on Sunday after we spank the Mancs.
This discussion has been closed.