Injury and Recovery News for the 2019/20 season

Comments

• Everton's £25m summer signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin has been ruled out until January after having surgery on a thigh injury.

Gbamin, 24, has been out of action since August.
  • Off the top of my head: Recent players who had a lengthy injury layoff, shortly after they made their debuts for us.

Ayew, Yarmolenko, Fredericks
  • edited October 2019
    From Pellegrini's presser yesterday:-
    Winston Reid continued his recovery and will probably will play the next game with the U23s on Wednesday,
    That's Wednesday 30 October 19:00 Rush Green v VfL Wolfsburg U23s in Group B of the Premier League International Cup,
  • Loved Reid but can’t see him getting back to anywhere near his best unfortunately,for once I really do hope I’m so wrong, on a lighter note see Andy Carroll is injured out with groin problem
  • From Pellegrini's presser yesterday:-

Winston Reid continued his recovery and will probably will play the next game with the U23s on Wednesday,
    That's Wednesday 30 October 19:00 Rush Green v VfL Wolfsburg U23s in Group B of the Premier League International Cup,
    Played an hour last night.
  • Winston

:carew:
  • The boss says they will see how he reacts, and the plan is then for him to play a full match before resuming training with the 1st team
  • The gaffer says...

Jack Wilshere is with some small problems and he's not 100 per cent fit. For him, it is a risk to come back before he has a complete recovery.

Winston Reid played last night with the U23s. Antonio and Fabianski are recovering after surgeries. I think Antonio will be ready after the international break.
  • :nonono: Winston says he will be on international duty - and hopes to play in New Zealand's 14 November friendly in Dublin.
  • At lest its in Dublin ,not new zealand ,might be good for him ,can show the lads some iris pubs :ok:
  • I could flag up a few good pubs for him.

• If Reid came back to 80% of what he was he would still improve us
  • Reid selected for All Whites squad v Ireland & Lithuania - Coach Danny Hay very coy about playing time . Just happy to have him part of the squad because of the mana he brings to the team. Not doubt west Ham staff will dictate playing time if any . Just like Sam used to do.
  • Google :biggrin:
  • From yesterday's presser.

"Antonio after the international break will be ready. Winston Reid has played some minutes with the Under-23s and will continue preparing now to play a complete a game. Jack Wilshere we will need to see how we works tomorrow."
  • Looks like Lanzini could be done for, for a few months at least.
  • Noble has a sprained ankle and Lanzini has a broken collarbone and undergoes surgery tomorrow
  • Noble has a sprained ankle and Lanzini has a broken collarbone and undergoes surgery tomorrow

A broken collarbone takes 4-8 weeks to heal after surgery
  • Noble may as well play, I mean it won't slow him down.
  • Reid starts for New Zealand tonight
  • And Sead what's his name plays against England.
  • Cuz1 said:

Reid starts for New Zealand tonight

And they’re winning too
  • Get him in the side for Spurs.
  • And David Martin too

You can just imagine Martin having a fairytale debut out of absolutely nowhere and then everyone asking what on Earth Pelle was doing overlooking him. These things do sometimes happen
  • Sean Maguire - is it the same one who was once with us? - has given ROI the lead
  • I’d get him in next game for us as New Zealand losing now so least he will know the hurt
  • Sean Maguire - is it the same one who was once with us? - has given ROI the lead

It is. He's become a decent little player
  • edited November 2019
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="Cuz1">I’d get him in next game for us as New Zealand losing now so least he will know the hurt

Only played 45mins. Might be a little while yet before he is ready to start a proper match.