Injury and Recovery News for the 2019/20 season

Comments

• No point signing Roberto or David if we were remotely thinking about bringing Trott back.
  • Can't be a genuine emergency when we have two fit first team squad keepers available.

Anyway I do not see how Roberto's being written off without being given a chance. :puzzled:
  • There’s a merit to IH’s argument. Come what may, we will definitely know one way or t’other over the next half a dozen games

If I had a key worry, as the ball has flashed past him in the games he had played, he has very often not even dived.
  • IronHerb said:

Can't be a genuine emergency when we have two fit first team squad keepers available.

:ok: I wasn't intending to characterise our situation as that.

• It's the very opposite of the attitude (by some fans) to playing the kids, that's for sure!
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

baracks

Trott is on loan at AFC Wimbledon, made 8 appearances. He wasn't their #1 at the start of the season but has now taken over. I doubt they'd recall him (I'm not sure that we're even allowed outside of transfer windows) for 2 months.

I think you can recall (although in any case I wouldn't want to, as he seems to be doing well there) if it's a genuine emergency. There seem to be special rules for GKs.

(Just thinking about it I really wouldn't want him recalled because if he came back and played for us, then that would be his 'two clubs' done. What would he do when Fab's fit and playing again. Wimbledon wouldn't want him back. So he'd be stuck back in the U23s)
    Remember the good old days where Cristian Montano had a thousand loans in one season?

(2011/12, on loan to Notts County, Swindon Town, Dagenham & Redbridge, and Oxford United)
  • :hmm:
    Maybe the limits don't apply to kids?
  • Not great news. Was hoping it would be a month & he’d only miss a couple of games.

2-3 months isn’t great news at all.

Roberto needs to step up. He’s been written off by many already. Time to see what he can offer.
  • MrsGrey said:

:hmm:
    Maybe the limits don't apply to kids?

I’m pretty sure the 1/2 month loans are short term and don’t count.... although that was (somehow) 8 seasons ago, so it’s possible the rules have changed!
  • We could always look it up. :biggrin:
  • I’m a bit concerned. I’m not quite as negative as the Twitter brigade but watching Roberto was worrying. For me, he just doesn’t carry himself like a keeper. It’s not specifically the diving or the kicks, it’s just his body language. He looks like a bloke playing in goal, not a footballer or a goalkeeper.
  • McHammer said:

Is there anything official about Fab. Seeing the words hip? thigh and out for months!!

Nothing from the club, as far as I've seen, but the Beeb is reporting it as fact, too.

This makes me believe they've had confirmation at some official/reputable level.
  • I’m a bit concerned. I’m not quite as negative as the Twitter brigade but watching Roberto was worrying. For me, he just doesn’t carry himself like a keeper. It’s not specifically the diving or the kicks, it’s just his body language. He looks like a bloke playing in goal, not a footballer or a goalkeeper.

I remember Julián dicks in goal that was brave
  • Only way we going to find out if he’s any good he may surprise a few on here and be a capable understudy
  • We must get behind him. Not going to help him if there is a groan around the stadium when his name's called out.
  • I think I can understand the reservations about Roberto as for some reason I didn't feel a great deal of confidence when he came on especially after shipping four goals against Oxford, however Pelle brought him in for this eventuality so we cant do anything more than give the guy his chance now circumstances have contrived to put him in goal for us. It will become very apparent if he is out of his depth as the Premiership is not a place for a keeper to hide and unlike Adrian at Liverpool he wont get quite the same level of protection.

Lets hope he gets a massive reception next match and can have a good first game to get his confidence up. He gets his wages each week to be ready for this and they must all hope to get a chance at some point, lets hope for us he takes it and allows us continue our great start.
  • MrsGrey said:

We could always look it up. :biggrin:

NEVER!
  • I've seen a few comments re Roberto saying he did well for olympiakos. He'll be fine. He's not Fab but most aren't. West Ham are too unpredictable for our form to be reliant on one player
  • Who says he is lacking confidence? :hmm:
  • Getting four knocked past you in midweek by a league one side couldn't of helped it much.
  • I'd lack confidence if I had Sanchez protecting the back line.
  • This morning's update;
    "About Lukasz, the medical staff will decide today or tomorrow if he will have surgery or if he will recover without surgery. Either way, it will be less than three months he is out."
  • Less than 3 months....so 2 months and 29 days
  • Which is when he will commence light training
  • MrsGrey said:

This morning's update;
    "About Lukasz, the medical staff will decide today or tomorrow if he will have surgery or if he will recover without surgery. Either way, it will be less than three months he is out."

To be fair, I’m optimistic I’ll be back in 8 weeks all going well. :ok:
  • Fab apparently had successful surgery on his torn hip muscle this morning. Expected to be out for 3 months.
  • I saw the David Gold tweet :ok:

(Although I didn't see him mention a timescale?)
  • They were hopeful of less than 3 months a while ago. Im guessing the 3 months quoted in that article is just a lack of knowledge of an update and lazily picking out the initial fearful timescale. At least there were no complications so he'll be back when hes back...
  • The season only lasts 9 months, and he will be missing 3 months ?