Watford Away 24th August. Let’s start the Bank Holiday with a Bang!

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Couple of things....

Happy Birthday Jay :ok:

Do I start the Newport thread? (not sure as it's a cup tie) :biggrin:

Go for it.

Hang on, shouldn't we rest him for the league games :hmm: :lol:
  • From BBC Sport:

Noble has now scored 25 penalty goals in the Premier League - only Alan Shearer (56), Frank Lampard (43) and Steven Gerrard (32) have scored more in the competition.
  • Jorderz,

You forgot to - :stats:
  • Happy birthday jay.

Innit nice when you look forward to MOTD and to reading the Sunday papers.
  • All in all we have made a good start with four points taken from two away fixtures and City out of the way. WE still look unconvincing at time at the back at present and really look wanting when playing one up front, when Antonio arrives and brings added pressure to their back line we look like we will create chances.

Haller looks to be useful and most importantly likely to adapt quickly which was a fear I had in that he may take three months to find his feet and we are so reliant upon him. We look capable of some really close up quick touch football with Lanzini and Anderson and if we can turn it into chances we could be in for some really good football this season.
  • Joint 4th in the league
  • Where’s IBL when you need him hope the Watford team isn’t to bad for him :lol:
  • Really entertaining game,great attacking moves,dodgy defending and three points.
    Happy days.
  • So apparently Lanzini was awesome again.
  • West Ham 3
    Watford 1

:stats:
  • IronHerb said:

Couple of things....

Happy Birthday Jay :ok:

Do I start the Newport thread? (not sure as it's a cup tie) :biggrin:

#mustwin
  • Manuel Lazini's Passing Stats against Watford.

93% Passing Accuracy
    6 Key Passes

• Shocking.
  • Top of the league, top of the league, West Ham United, we’re top of the league!

• The fast thing about Haller is whether the defender sticks right or zones him you get the feeling he can wrestle most defenders other than Van Dijk I can't see many defenders containing him.

If we can move the ball with Anderson and Antonio /Yarmelenko/Fornals quicker Haller could be the man that allows for space for Yarmelenko and Anderson to cut in more. At the moment the static build up means the perfect ball has to be played. I hope we can morph into a Bayern like outfit. With a Solid up front player with wingers who bomb and cut in if their is space available.
  • edited August 2019
    Hoping we can morph into a Bayern like outfit.

Strong forward who you can back to win most duels then 2 wingers who can cut in if their is space available.
  • West Ham are the first club to have had as many as 150 different goal-scorers in the Premier League, following Haller's first goal for the club.
  • MIAHammer said:

West Ham are the first club to have had as many as 150 different goal-scorers in the Premier League, following Haller's first goal for the club.

:stats:
  • I liked Haller,s movement for the first goal he was surrounded by yellow shirts yet picked the right moment to make the right run
  • If we can keep Haller fit he will be some striker for us. Brilliant hold up play, clever movement, clinical finishes. He’s a tall, strong player too so will hold off many CB’s in this league. Let’s hope we get a bit of luck & he plays over 30 games.
  • And we don't sell him in January

:run:
  • Haller showed the difference between the 'natural' striker and the 'converted' striker.
    On our second goal he gave the pass and went into the 'danger zone'. Arnie would have played the pass and then hung back in the space by the penalty spot. One of the differences in this move was that there were no defenders in front of Haller when the ball came across whereas there would have been five defenders in front if he was on the penalty spot.

Haller will score a lot of goals this season. :wahoo:
  • We managed to win with Hernandez, Snodgrass, Cresswell and Wilshere not even on the bench. Maybe we are better prepared for our injury crisis this year... :whistle:
  • We managed to win with Hernandez, Snodgrass, Cresswell and Wilshere not even on the bench. Maybe we are better prepared for our injury crisis this year... :whistle:

Taxi !

You are Ok Expat January isn't the time we sell him, its the time his Aunt or third cousin once removed pipes up that he is worth three times more than we are paying him and merely unsettles him to make a summer move inevitable.

I don’t believe he could move anyway. Something about three clubs in a year...
This discussion has been closed.