Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

Comments

• We are up to 15th :wahoo:
  • That’s me done for the season. Don’t have time to waste watching inept planning and execution. See you’s all next year!
  • That’s me done for the season. Don’t have time to waste watching inept planning and execution. See you’s all next year!

:wave:
  • Thank god for that
  • Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio!
  • In all reality Pelle does not learn, He persists with LITTLE pea up top on his own, I mean all of us can see this is a faux par... We got away with a point, We can argue our best 2 players were not fit, but the naivety of it all just makes me feel uncomfortable, But we are off the bottom so lets look up....Pelle wake up old man and start to realise a few home truths please ...
  • Credit to VAR; without that they'd have had an offside goal allowed.
  • The problem is looking to be what so many suggested at the end of the transfer window in that we will lack in attack when Haller is injured. Antonio who was suggested as an attacker is very dangerous but a finisher he isn't and this meant we lacked a bit of threat. We clearly have some good players but lack a bit of quality to come in for injuries. Hopefully Anderson and Haller back next week.

As it is with that performance a point is a good result and gets us moving, will need three next week however if possible as last season was hindered by such a slow start and I would hate that to happen again.

Watford are doing well though
  • Lanzini was our best player today by a mile.
  • Dropped off in the first half.Stream played up in the second.Quite a touch really.
  • There was one positive for me: Lanzini looks on the way back.

Just please stop diving.
  • Lanzini did play pretty well, it was good to see :ok:
  • One point more than the first 4 games last year, on the up :biggrin:

Go and watch Watford, they're doing well.
  • In all reality Pelle does not learn, He persists with LITTLE pea up top on his own, I mean all of us can see this is a faux par... We got away with a point, We can argue our best 2 players were not fit, but the naivety of it all just makes me feel uncomfortable, But we are off the bottom so lets look up....Pelle wake up old man and start to realise a few home truths please ...

Didn't he score? isn't that his job? If you don't understand Chica's game by now then whats the point?
  • Give chico the service he will get us goals ,But he has to get the SERVICE
  • There’s a surprise, last on MOTD ;)
  • edited August 2019
    IronHerb said:

In all reality Pelle does not learn, He persists with LITTLE pea up top on his own, I mean all of us can see this is a faux par... We got away with a point, We can argue our best 2 players were not fit, but the naivety of it all just makes me feel uncomfortable, But we are off the bottom so lets look up....Pelle wake up old man and start to realise a few home truths please ...

Didn't he score? isn't that his job? If you don't understand Chica's game by now then whats the point?
    Thanks for stating the obvious IH, U however don't seem to get what I said tho....
    Pelle started Little Pea on his own upfront in the 1st half, where he did nothing whatsoever, It was only in the 2nd half when Antonio joined him upfront he made an impact..There is no doubt in my mind that Little Pea is quality, but NOT on his own as a lone striker, that was the point I was making.

Do u now comprehend IH?!
  • IBL you're welcome back anytime. Don't take the comments personally, everyone's wound up by West Ham's worst game of the season (so far.) Huttonhammer: where are you?? Usually so vocal on these sad occasions...
    I'm not wound up because I haven't seen the match yet. All previous comments may become inoperative ;)
  • Sat with the Brighton fans their were some proper weirdos near me. Was very difficult to hold my tongue. One guy was convinced that we were relegation fodder this year. Even though we lost the first four games last season and still finished miles ahead of Brighton. I think they were extremely lucky that two of our best players failed late tests yesterday. It kind of threw everything that we'd been planning for out of the window imo.

We were rubbish and they were good but still couldn't beat us.
  • We need to be better next week & I’m sure we will be. At the moment I think we have to get the players in who make the side balanced, not necessarily get all the best players in.

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Rice - Noble/Snodgrass
    Anderson - Antonio - Lanzini
    Haller

Is the midfield to go for whilst Fornals settles & when Anderson, Haller & Noble return. We were better in both games when Antonio wasn’t on the pitch, Fornals is going to need time to adjust to the physicality & pace of this league. Wilshere just doesn’t look right as a LCM to me. Snodgrass is good in these tougher away games.

• Hamstew said:

Sat with the Brighton fans their were some proper weirdos near me. Was very difficult to hold my tongue. One guy was convinced that we were relegation fodder this year. Even though we lost the first four games last season and still finished miles ahead of Brighton. I think they were extremely lucky that two of our best players failed late tests yesterday. It kind of threw everything that we'd been planning for out of the window imo.

We were rubbish and they were good but still couldn't beat us.

Isn’t it funny how a new manager & a positive start to the season, all of a sudden they are a side transformed, they are miles ahead of us, a side who has been in this league for 7 straight years now & finished 10th last season. Based on a decent couple of games.

They will be down there come May, again. The Potter buzz will wear off & they are still a pretty average side. This was the worst time to play them. First home game, feeling good after their win last week, we had a couple of injuries.
  • edited August 2019
    You might reason, then:
    • West Ham are relegation fodder

• Brighton can't beat West Ham at home

• Brighton are relegation fodder
    Although I suspect that is not how they imagine it..
  • Lawro predicted 1-1

The game ended 1-1

Please hold me, I feel cold...

• This quote from Ogbonna could not be further from my opinion
  • edited August 2019
    westham

“I didn’t expect to be named captain. I was so excited and really focused. But in this team the captain is not just the player who wears the armband. We have a lot of leaders.” - @angeloogbonna21

Or mine.
  • edited August 2019
    To be honest when I look at the side yesterday, I see Fabianski & Rice as the stand-out leaders. People may say Hernandez, Lanzini, Antonio, Snodgrass etc are also leaders, but when I watch us play, & Noble is not on the pitch, the only two players I see as leaders are those two. We always seem to be much more disorganised when Noble is not on the field constantly drumming in the messages of the manager, reminding them all of their responsibilities, who to pick up, how far to drop back, when to push up.
  • I don't think he is picking a Captain on leadership skills more on "who has been at the club longest"
  • So what do you want your captain to say? "We have a lot of players in the team who don't take responsibility, don't show leadership"?
    Nobes runs around pointing a lot, tapping players on the head or backside and thats showing leadership?
    I'm confused. :puzzled:
This discussion has been closed.