Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

Comments

• 2CDs, one slow CF, they come away with a goal.

That just isn't good enough.
  • we were very lucky to be in front, if anyone thinks we have deserved that goal they need to see an optician, we have been dross deluxe
  • Didn’t last long though did it.

You didn't even have time to get your celebration in :wahoo:
  • Where were our players? We don’t defend as a team. Even the top sides defend as a team. We seem incapable of doing so.
  • Ogbonna really is useless
  • edited August 2019
    I'd like to see Yarmo and Ajeti for Formals and Chica.
  • Luke in all honesty has 1 of our players impressed today? not yet for me.
  • When was the last time we actually had qualified coaches at the club because you wouldn’t think we had any now by the way we play.
  • Lukerz said:

Ogbonna really is useless

Cresswell useless = captain

Ogbonnna useless = captain

Who's up next week?
  • Anyone who plays as they’ve all been useless.
  • I can not believe Antonio hasn’t been banned from shooting outside the box at it. He’s been abysmal at it for years now.
  • Hes shocking isnt he

You win a lot of money if you could bet on him hitting it into row Z at least once a game
  • City win the league when Pelle was there but I think it was in spite of him rather than because of him. They had the players to overcome his naivety in tactics.
  • Good to see Antonio get his airshot out of the way with 20 minutes still left.
  • This isn't about poor tactics though. The tactics could be the best or worst it the world, it wouldn't matter when the players amble around and can't pass to each other.
  • Well at least Murray didn’t score against us today.
  • How did they not score that? Our two midfielders were just jogging into the box, not caring that there were two Brighton players running past them.
  • Lukerz said:

Ogbonna really is useless

Rumours are he could be moving to Turkey before the European window closes. :pray:
  • I can't imagine the players are coached to stand like statues and allow players to pass around them at will, nor that it is part of some cunning tactic.
  • Alderz surely part of tactics is how to press, how to defend, the intensity to use.
  • Formals should have come off at half time. He’s been a total passenger.
  • I'd imagine it is, but IMO there have been some awful performances, and i think tactics aren't to blame. If people want to blame Pellegrini then (IMO) they should be blaming him for failing to motivate them yet again
  • That’s my point Grey. They can’t be being coached at all
  • How was that not a penalty? There was clearly contact there.
  • alderz said:

This isn't about poor tactics though. The tactics could be the best or worst it the world, it wouldn't matter when the players amble around and can't pass to each other.

Part of the manager's role is to motivate the team. Bilic couldn't do it in his second season, Moyes couldn't do it consistently and now Pellegrini seems to be struggling.

There seems to be a culture of laziness or just plain apathy at the club, IMO.
  • Here's my theory: it was a foul, but VAR only gives pens not freekicks, and that looked like it was outside of the box, so nothing given
  • That’s what we thought Ald.
  • In spite of VAR, I still think Brighton were lucky there; looked a pen to me.
  • I said last week that they should have been made to watch the city game over and over again to see how they press and hunt in packs and treat it as an affront if they lose the ball but once again we amble around with a we will get it back eventually attitude
  • Carlos Sanchez apparently coming on for Hernandez

At least we are ambitious
This discussion has been closed.