Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

Comments

• That would be simply unbelievable!!
  • Or even just our record signing striker going on past luck in that position.
  • We're getting slam dunked aren't we :weep:
  • I'm gonna be sitting in the home end for this :doh:
  • When coaches say ‘small knocks’, it means usually that they will be fine to play but I will keep the oppo guessing by saying I am not sure.
  • Sure they said that about Carrol :lol:
  • Cuz1 said:

Sure they said that about Carrol :lol:

Someone's been knocking on his door and ringing his bell for many years.. :quaver:
  • Only west ham could lose their record signing to a unexplained injury done at training after only single game at the club
  • edited August 2019
    Apparently not.

Manuel Pellegrini has revealed that Sebastien Haller and Felipe Anderson picked up small knocks in Saturday’s match with Manchester City: They are recovering from the kicks that they had in the last game.
  • They will both start, 100%. :ok:
  • I want Wilshire to play
  • Fab
    Fred Diop Balbuena Masuaku
    Wilshere Rice Fornals
    Anderson Haller Lanzini

If haller and Anderson are out, swap in Antonio and Yarmolenko
  • I didn’t know but apparently we’ve lost eight consecutive PL games in the month of August so we need to put a stop to that.
  • Lawro has said 1-1.

We're doomed...
  • We're West Ham.....we 'aint singing :quaver:
  • Charlie Nicholas has us winning 1-0
  • First proper game of the season after last weeks final prep. I think we have struggled with Brighton under Houghton as they didn't suit us by being more defensive. I think they may suit us well now as they will press forward more and leave space and I feel our players will have more class than them so if we can keep tight in defence we can definitely score a couple.
  • So according to a West Ham fan twitter account, there is no Anderson, Haller or Fornals today.

Yarmolenko, Ajeti & Masuaku have been added to the squad.
  • Just don't let Glenn Murray continue his scoring record against us. :angry:
  • edited August 2019
    Lukerz said:

So according to a West Ham fan twitter account, there is no Anderson, Haller or Fornals today.

I mean, if this is true, it's the most West Ham thing ever. Even by West Ham standards.
  • You'd better not be telling porkies Lukerz as I've just changed my FF teams for today
  • edited August 2019
    Fornals is apparently on the bench but Haller & Anderson are out.
  • Terrible news to wake up to lukerz
  • Lukerz said:

So according to a West Ham fan twitter account, there is no Anderson, Haller or Fornals today.

Yarmolenko, Ajeti & Masuaku have been added to the squad.

Same account as
    Lukerz said:

Fornals is apparently on the bench but Haller & Anderson are out.

or two different contradictory reports?

If the latter, presumably the account which is not right is going to be unfollowed?
  • edited August 2019
    No, one account I go on to get news says there is no Haller or Anderson today (well certainly not starting, there is no mention as to whether they are in the squad).

A separate account said Fornals is on the bench again.

So two different accounts, sorry.

I imagine we’ll see:

Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Balbuena - Cresswell
    Rice - Wilshere
    Yarmolenko - Antonio - Lanzini
    Hernandez
  • Lukerz said:

No, one account I go on to get news says there is no Haller or Anderson today (well certainly not starting, there is no mention as to whether they are in the squad).

Oh, ok - if that's the one that said 'Yarmolenko, Ajeti & Masuaku have been added to the squad' then they must be implying the three players have been dropped altogether or else there wouldn't be places free to add to the squad.
  • edited August 2019
    Last week half of Brighton's attacks came down the right (as opposed to left or middle). Whether we play Cresswell or Masuaku we need to play a winger on the left who can offer defensive support.

We've got a choice of Lanzini or Antonio.

Dooooooooooooooomed.
  • Last week half of Brighton's attacks came down the right (as opposed to left or middle). Whether we play Cresswell or Masuaku we need to play a winger on the left who can offer defensive support.

We've got a choice of Lanzini or Antonio.

Dooooooooooooooomed.

Out of the 2, Antonio can offer more defensively when he puts his mind to it. Lanzini isn't as quick or strong and easier for the opposition to dribble around.

I also think Antonio's power will be more effective on the break if they do push forward down their right (our left). They may be a bit more reluctant to push forwards down this side with the threat of Antonio breaking free. Also, Antonio caused them problems last season.
  • Against Watford, they had 5 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals.

We need to play well, but they ain't no Man City.
  • Bench is going to look poor
This discussion has been closed.