Brighton v West Ham United - Lets Make Brighton Rock

14567810»

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Going over to clap the traveling fans would be the minimum imo.

Only about 5 did it from what I saw and apparently Snodgrass had to tell most of them. Oggy wasn't one of them that went over.
  • He didn’t need to say it though.

Maybe just, “it’s an honour to be given the captains arm band in Nobes’s absence”.

I believe Nobes is showing leadership by doing all of those things you mention, he’s clearly taking to players and giving instruction/direction.
  • He may not have said anyway. Media team could have made the quote up and asked him to approve it.
  • Oggy was captain a few time at Torino 2012/13 season when Rolando Bianchi was unavailable but its seems an odd choice yesterday.

Balbuena was captain at Corinthians but maybe his English isn't as good as Oggy's, if he's shouting in Spanish then most of the team won't know what he's on about.
  • He could shout in perfect english and our lot would still not understand what he is on about :biggrin:
  • edited August 2019
    Arfer's stats

Masuaku led the Hammers in touches of the ball (99), passes attempted (59), passes completed (48), and tackles made (five), while he also embarked on four trademark dribbles down the left flank. The 25-year-old also started the move which led to West Ham’s goal, winning the ball from Brighton’s right midfielder Martin Montoya and quickly moving it on to Manuel Lanzini.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/august/18-august/analysis-all-round-arthur-masuaku-starts-repay-pellegrinis
  • Wilshere's stats.

15 touches, 10 passes attempted, 9 passes completed, dispossessed twice, no tackles, no runs, no shots. Subbed at half time.

:hmm:
  • edited August 2019
    Quite surprised at the amount of negativity on here tbh. The first half wasn’t good at all, we had our two record signings out and I’m sure that wasn’t in MP plans this early in the season, while Brighton wasn’t exactly a fortress at the back end of last season they can turn teams over and we seemed to have a problem with them last few years, so from that respect a decent point.

MP can’t coach? Oggie not worthy of being a captain?

Firstly regarding MP then there were probably a couple of questionable selection decisions but that’s par for the course most games and with most managers, I’m pretty sure what they work on all week dictates that in part, also he made the right change at HT, credit due there and with pretty much 2 up top while 0-0 then it was a positive change.

Antonio May be a bull in a china shop at times but his threat and runs gave us an outlet we didn’t have, also after shipping 5 MP was probably craving a clean sheet. For once the opposition didn’t take their chances and we were almost good for a smash and grab that has so often happened to us. Chico did what Chico can do, he’s a goalscorer and that’s what he did, with a fantastic forwards run across the line to stay inside. Just as well MP didn’t see some of the advice on here!

Lanzini looked better but his diving is seriously giving me the ache. Fredericks looked okay, Masuaku had his usual defensive moments but was key for our goal. Back to OGbonna, he really seems like an easy scapegoat at times, yes backing off and turninf for the goal isn’t good but previous to that he’d made 3/4 decent blocks, Diop was unlucky as his initial interception came away from him

VAR - that’s how I want to see it with the offside, that’s what it’s good for, clear and obvious mistakes not a gnats kneecap offside (like sterling last week), one moan, I think Antonio should’ve had a penalty and really cant see how that wasn’t given.

They certainly wasted a good few chances but we had a couple as well, if we’d lost could we of complained? Probably not but we didn’t we take the point and we move on.

COYI

• And Lanzini is close to a new contract apparently :wahoo:
  • Hamstew said:

And Lanzini is close to a new contract apparently :wahoo:

Who says, Hamerz?

Other than his diving I have to say he has had a great start to the season, including pre-season.
  • 100% agree Izzy! :ok:

I thought it was a very solid point & I liked the way we grinded it out, something MP teams are often not known for.

Let’s get the Monday optimism going. :wahoo:
  • Lukerz said:

Hamstew said:

And Lanzini is close to a new contract apparently :wahoo:

Who says, Hamerz?

Other than his diving I have to say he has had a great start to the season, including pre-season.
    Just some of the usual sources on twitter.
  • Claret & Hugh appears to be the main one
  • I think that was as close to ‘respect the point’ as you get from a Pelle side. He definitely picked a side & sent it out not to lose this game & I think that impacted the level of performance.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49371002

After the game, Pelle commented on the number of deliberate fouls made by City players to break up our attacks.

BBC have crunched the numbers, and it seems that he has a point.
  • MrsGrey :ok:

One thing that riles me up is that you have pundits saying "yeah but we've always had that", but in the next breath they say that diving is appalling?

Sean Dyche wants to talk about people getting the chance to cheat once each per game, maybe he should direct his rage at people deliberately fouling the opposition to gain an advantage.

It's all rule breaking but for some reason one type is vilified and one is accepted
  • alderz said:

It's all rule breaking but for some reason one type is vilified and one is accepted

Exactly.

(Although, not be me it's not!)
  • You'd be hard pressed to name a more cynical PL side than Dyche's Burnley, so how he has the very nerve to throw stones at 'cheats' is beyond me.
  • He’s a football manager, he’s says what he wants when he wants, plus makes it up as he goes a long

It’s in the small print of his contract
  • It’s only cheating if the other team don’t get caught doing what his team blatantly do :lol:
  • You must remember that English players don't dive and English managers aren't cynical........ :whistle:
  • Slav, if you hadn't said "football manager" I'd have thought this was the Brexit thread and you were talking about BoZo. :biggrin:
This discussion has been closed.