Other games on this opening weekend of the season.

13»

Comments

• Just been reading the daily mail sports page. There are 21 articles about Manchester United. :yercoat:
  • That doesnt leave a lot of room to talk about Liverpool :puzzled: :hmm:
  • Baz,

Or Manchester City. :whistle:
  • Chelsea are playing really well in the Super Cup. Lovely passing and great movement on and off the ball.

Maybe judged them too harshly in the Man U game.
  • Adrian must be pinching himself to play in such a big game, pleased for him
  • Adrian the hero!!!
  • Adrian saves penalty Liverpool win 5-4
  • edited August 2019
    Kinda justice imo, was never a penalty in extra time, Abraham dived, so karma that he missed in the shoot out.
  • Love Adrian.

Glad for him.
  • Six years at West Ham diddly squat, 6 days at Liverpool European super cup winners medal.
  • No matter your feelings about Liverpool, you have to smile at what happened there,
  • No matter your feelings about Liverpool, you have to smile at what happened there,

Unless your a Chelsea fan or Frank Lampard

• Adrian the hero and Liverpool win another Euro trophy :hmm: You'd think I'd have something to say about that, woudln't you? ;)
  • edited August 2019
    So who watched Adrian become a Liverpool hero and lift silverware in his first start for them. I'm pleased for him.
  • :ok:
    We watched until half time in extra time.
  • I'd been celebrating the end of 6 weeks and 2½ days of jury service all afternoon so I was asleep before it started.
  • According to some press reports Pelle wanted Adrian to stay so whose decision was it for him to go. If it was his for more game time fair play to him but why go to a club who initially signed him to be on the bench unless he had no other offers.
    If it was neither his or Pelle’s decision then it seems odd.
  • Football London publish the full transcript each week:

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/every-word-manuel-pellegrini-just-16760307

On Adrian:

I think that he is a very good goalkeeper, for different reasons he couldn't find an arrangement to continue here but we wanted him here. He's not just a good keeper but for the squad also.
  • If it was his for more game time fair play to him but why go to a club who initially signed him to be on the bench

Because he knew he'd get time in European and/or Cup games? And was in a strong position to win things?
  • Liverpool play more games than us and would be expected to go further in cup competitions. And medals take the sting out of being on the bench.
  • (being serious about Liverpool for a change). At Adrians age, most likely knowing he'd be behind Fab, I totally don't blame him for seeking out a club where he'd actually be first choice.

However, how many keepers in Adrians position (as in without a club) would turn down Liverpool (even if it was to be a bench player)? He'd have a chance of glory playing in cups and, as has already been said, they'd most likely play more games too. Allisons injury is just cherry on the top
  • Adrian is doubtful for Liverpool. You can take the boy out of West Ham etc...
  • A fan ran on to the pitch after the penalty shootout, slipped, and clumped Adrian's ankle.

Simply unbelievable :wink:
  • Not very clever, however if I’m honest I am not remotely bothered as it isn’t our problem (we have enough of our own!)
  • It was my first sentence which was the crux in that Pelle didn’t want him to leave so it had to be his choice. Given that he probably wanted more game time even at Liverpool he woul£ probably only have expected about 6-8 games max. He would not normally have played European games.