First 6 games - Sunshine Superman or Season of the Witch?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2019
    So, going through what people said there should be a few people pretty unhappy.

Slacker (13), Expat, ammerinaberdeen, secret & Kuching (all 12) went for more than we got. I think the general feeling on the forum is that we've had a very good start, but I wonder whether you guys feel the same?

The average was 9.89 points, so we've done better than the general expectation on the thread :ok:

(I'm going to monitor this this season cos why not?)

:stats:
  • 11 is good for me, especially after beating the mancs :biggrin:
  • We should have smashed Citeh. Then we would have been showing them.

What already Matron? Ok, I will come quietly.
  • Really happy with 11pts, positive goal diff and league position. COYI
  • alderz, I went for 13 as I expected us to win at Brighton or Aston Villa. :ok:
  • alderz, I went for 13 as I expected us to win at Brighton or Aston Villa. :ok:

Fortune :ok:

No criticism from me at all. I’m just curious as to whether you (and the others) feel that our start has been under par?
  • alderz, none taken. Position wise it is good and you never know it might be a season when we can mix it with the other teams challenging for European qualification.
  • Slightly different take but I wonder what the response would have been had the question been stated as “what league position would you be satisfied with after the above six games?

I think that 5th with a points total equal to 3rd, would have been beyond most expectations
  • We have seen some teams struggle in the league when qualifying and playing in the Europa league, so perhaps it's best if we can't finish in the top 4, we finish outside the europa places...just, and WIN the FA cup, that might be the best!
  • We have seen some teams struggle in the league when qualifying and playing in the Europa league, so perhaps it's best if we can't finish in the top 4, we finish outside the europa places...just, and WIN the FA cup, that might be the best!

But doesn't winning the cup put us into the europa league :puzzled:
  • Oh dear!!! :doh:
  • I think winning the cup puts you into the Europa group stage, rather than the early qualifying rounds
  • edited September 2019
    The FA cup and 5th place take you into the group stage, but the league cup takes you into the qualification rounds.
  • But if we finished 4th as Jay says then we will be in the Champions League...
  • edited September 2019
    But Tom, that's the qualification round place

We need third at least :biggrin:
  • Yes happy so far
    COYI