Transfer Deadline Day

Comments

• McHammer said:

Abominable Goalman.

This is good. Well played.
  • I've listed all the players (102) I've tracked us as being linked with this window here:

http://www.whu606.com/translink.htm

What's interesting (for a given value...) is that with the exception of Haller, our business was effectively done before it got on to the rumour mill.
  • Pellegrini said business is all done.
  • AC on his way back to Newcastle
  • Pellegrini said business is all done.

Rice in every game looking for support like

• edited August 2019
    Villa have a net spend of £138m

How??

#FFP

:hmm:
  • Villa have a net spend of £138m

How??

#FFP

:hmm:

Cant say I'm too well versed on the rules RE. FFP, but they can probably offset the costs with the money they will receive from the prem as they will be on the same year books
  • AC on his way back to Newcastle

After a long holiday in London :whistle:
  • Kessie to Wolves from AC Milan for around €30m. Could have been a good buy for us for CM, from what I’ve heard of him.
  • We were linked earlier in the summer, but only on forums from what I've seen.

But yeah, could have been a decent addition to our midfield.

Spurs are keen to offload Wanyama, apparently. Not that they'd do business with us, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• OCS

I think Wanyama is excellent and I would definitely take him. I think this came up a few weeks ago but nothing materialised :hmm:
  • Diangana gone to WBA on loan. Slightly surprised by that.
  • All internet chat I think alderz. Sky were running with the story that Spurs want rid, but didn't mention West Ham. We certainly couldn't afford to buy him, so our best chance is if Spurs just want him off the books by 5pm and we can somehow convince them to let us have him on loan.
  • Slav is having a good day, diangana and Charlie Austin..

Will both do well for him I think...

Will be looking out for their results...

Good luck Super Slav...
  • edited August 2019
    8/10 window

- Good quality brought in.
    - Cleared a lot of dead wood and wages.
    - Some hopefully decent potential to come into the squad.

- Lack of a proper DM alongside Rice
    - Still not personally convinced on Masuaku and Cresswell and would have rather seen us update this position.

Imagine going forward we will lose Sanchez / Zabaleta / Hernandez next season for a combined wages save of at least 200 - 250k. Which should hopefully reset our wage structure to a better level to manage.
  • There is a tiny part of me that thinks Sanchez can't really be as bad as we all think - maybe it is just a lack of sharpness from limited first team football. :hmm:
  • Also would be really miffed to lose Antonio
  • Sadly that small part of you Brother Sledge needs looking at ;) re Sanchez, Before we signed him when he was at Villa he was so useless I named him the muppet, when we signed him I thought it was a sick joke, sadly I do not have any hope that he can be a player we are at least content with, How I hope to be prove wrong though.
  • Sanchez looks like he has good presence in the middle. That’s 80% of the job for me in DM. I think he could be a new cult hero
  • AC back at Newcastle.
  • Good for him.

If anyone ever deserved a bit of luck, and a run free from injuries it is :ac:

Never anything less than 100% for us.
  • Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done.

A very good window overall, but I still think we're one player short. I do feel like we have good competition across the park, with the glaring exception of defensive midfield. An injury to Rice and we're in trouble, IMO.

That said, well done Husillos and the board. Haller and Fornals are excellent signings, and Ajeti and Cardoso look like they have big potential.
  • Good for him.

If anyone ever deserved a bit of luck, and a run free from injuries it is :ac:

Never anything less than 100% for us.

I know I made a bit of a joke earlier but really couldn’t agree with grey any more, hope it really works out well for him
  • I’ve just done a quick check on wiki, which confirms that Gary Medel is still with a club (and therefore not unattached). Therefore there is no chance of there being a sting in the tail and us signing him after the window has closed
  • I mean.... Iwobi for £40m :hmm:
  • Ham

I know, but maybe there were a few :wotsits: to sweeten the deal...
  • Mainly a positive window with Haller, Fornals, Cardosa & Ajeti signing. The lack of a CDM addition is a negative and the realisation yet again that we can't compete with the money thrown around at the likes of Everton, Tottenham & Arsenal but selling Iwobi for £40 million does help. :whistle:
  • For me this is an A- / B+ window

I'm super excited about Haller and Fornals, think both will be class. Also I'm excited for Ajeti and Cordoso. I also think we need to be happy we havent lost any big players (Arnie excluding)

But I am going to be disappointed with the lack of movement for a CDM especially with Obiang gone, and while I am happy we've stripped the club of a lot of deadwood I am disappointed with how poor we are at recouping decent fees compared to other clubs

Bring on the season
  • Sky are talking to Kevin Nolan about Carroll and Kelly Cates has just said "he keeps himself fit" :lol: Has she been drunk for the last five years?
  • There’s a huge difference between being fit and having injuries.