Hammers ⚒ v Man City - “AND IT’S LIVE”

Comments

• When you consider how poorly we played first game against Liverpool last year, this is a really heartening performance so far.
  • This city team really are fantastic

The way they move the ball is such a joy to watch
  • Anderson needs to play on the left and help out Cresswell

Need to stem their attacks

Looks like they heard you
  • Never good when you can hear the players on the pitch. The crowd really need to do their bit to lift the team.
  • Yeold

How about giving us some credit for making it difficult for City to play their best?
  • but we haven't made it difficult at all ? some poor passing from City nothing much of our own doing.
  • Long balls up to Haller not working.
  • edited August 2019
    How many fouls is Dean going to let Rodrigo commit.
  • I see our throw-ins haven’t improved.
    And our free kicks have been very poor too.
  • For how poor City have been with their passing and decision making so far. This is a perfect time for West Ham to capitalise but we seem to be dragged down to their level of poor passing and bad decision making.

We're not out the game by virtue of how bad both teams have been, but the difference is City can move up 2 or 3 gears. West Ham i don't know if we have another gear or if we do, how do we get to it if City decide to crank it up.
  • Well that’s wasn’t that bad a first half.
  • Encouraging signs, but we really need to move the ball a lot quicker in the final third.

Fornals for Antonio in the second half.
  • Quite pleased with the lads. Anderson for me doesn't really suit these type of games.
  • Really don’t get why Antonio played ahead of Fornals. As expected, all our good play has been on the floor, and Antonio is a long way behind Fornals in that regard.

Wilshere has looked really rusty.

Haller is an absolute class act.
  • We may be a goal down but I'm quite pleased with our performance so far.
  • Best I remember seeing us play against City
  • Pleased with the performance so far, especially in comparison to the previous year where we have been thrashed

Think fornals should come on, will give us slightly better influence in the final third which we've lacked

Given Wilshere was our best player in preseason hes not playing very well, seem a yard too slow and his passing has let us down

Need a greater impetus from Anderson/Lanzini, new to start creating better chances
  • From reading some of the comments on here you'd think we are 4-0 down.

We're playing reasonably well. Could do better but definitely not playing badly
  • It's been ok Ace, no more than that IMO.

Yes, it's City, but they haven't been at their best, and we haven't really got close to bothering the scoreboard.
  • Given Wilshere was our best player in preseason hes not playing very well, seem a yard too slow and his passing has let us down

Agreed, not been at his best. But to be fair there hasn't been a great deal ahead of him. Haller's been very good, but the full backs aren't running behind, and Antonio and Anderson have been off the pace.
  • From reading some of the comments on here you'd think we are 4-0 down.

Actually no, it’s been a positive vibe in here.
  • Unlucky to be behind IMO :weep:
  • Fornals for Antonio :ok:
  • Fornals on for Antonio :wahoo:
  • Fun fact:

With Fornals coming on, 5 of our squad have now made their first team debuts against Manchester City

10/08/2019 - Haller & Fornals
    27/02/2019 - Johnson
    01/02/2017 - Snodgrass
    19/09/2015 - Antonio

I would like a smiley that says "stats are fun" and it spins slowly around
  • How many fouls is Dean going to let Rodrigo commit.

As many as he wants, it seems.
  • Lanzini gives the ball away they break they score
  • How many fouls is Dean going to let Rodrigo commit.

And now an elbow in the back for Haller.
  • Enormous hole in the midfield for City to waltz through.
This discussion has been closed.