Hammers ⚒ v Man City - “AND IT’S LIVE”

Comments

• That's actually not a bad idea Lukerz. Norwich tried to play their normal game last night, and got pumped.

Whilst we're better than Norwich, it would still be a risk to try to out-pass this City team. If Pellegrini really thinks we should have a 'big team mentality', then I guess we'll see the Bilbao line up, but I can see the logic in your argument.
  • Lukerz;
    "Whether Fornals plays or not, we are going to have around 35% of the ball."

I'll go 40%. :ok:

In either event I am looking forward to a more positive game from us than has in recent times been the case.
  • Luke we will have 100% of the ball but only 35% of the time. We’d be better off your way around because it wouldn’t roll and they couldn’t pass it by us. :biggrin:
  • Haller in the Mirror interview lol
  • Pelle has said time and again that, as a team, we must learn to play the same way regardless of who we play against.

So it would be a real shock to me if Antonio player instead of Fornals, and we went more direct.
  • Ex has said there are two changes from the Bilbao starting eleven. Fabianksi will be one, but there's an outfield change, too. Either Masuaku for Cresswell, or maybe the Antonio rumours are true.
  • Interesting. I’ll be really disappointed if Antonio plays instead of Fornals. It’s alright saying we won’t have much of the ball, but we’ll have even less of it if we drop a quality passer and go direct.
  • Cresswell was captain for the last three pre-season games, as Noble is unavailable I reckon he'll probably start.
  • edited August 2019
    Fabianski, Frederiks, Diop, Balbuena, Cresswell, Rice, Wilshire, Antonio, Lanzini, Anderson and Haller

According to ex
  • Masuaku not even on the bench :hmm:
  • Antonio confirmed
  • Zinchenko is City's weak link. Maybe Antonio has been picked to target him.
  • In pre-season, when defending deep, we tended to just leave Haller and 1 other player up top, so it may be that for much of the game we are 4-4-2, with the MF very close to the defence.

Hoping we don't try too much of the 'split the CDs and push the FBs on to the half-way line' stuff today.
  • Jimenez on the bench. Who he?
  • McHammer said:

Jimenez on the bench. Who he?

Roberto
  • Joe Cole on the TV (much love)
  • Aguero and Bernardo Silva on the bench for City. That’s something. Right?
  • I’ve cleaned behind the settee and set myself up with some refreshments.

I’m good to go :biggrin:

COYI :scarf:
  • I'm still annoyed we're playing City today. Must be an absolute con job at the top of the game.

Easy to say that our season starts next week, and as much as I'm fully expecting us to lose, it's still going to ruin my weekend when we do.

That said, there's always that tiny amount of hope that just won't go away. What if Man City aren't quite on it? What if Fab has an absolute worldie? What if Haller becomes the first player to score five on debut...?
  • Aguero and Bernardo Silva on the bench for City. That’s something. Right?

They are a brilliant team whoever plays, but if you gave me a choice I'd rather not come up against those two
  • Alderz

Especially after 70 minutes, when you've been run all over the park.

Oh...
  • HAVE WE SCORED YET :scarf:
  • We've started pretty well :ok:
  • Great early touches by Haller
  • 7 minutes in and Haller is my favourite striker since Deano
  • Bright start

Haller is going to cause a lot of teams problems

The lads looking sharp, good pressing
  • Best. Free. Kick. Ever.
  • Lanzini's made a couple of really poor choices on the break so far. Anderson was in acres on the right and he went for a far more difficult ball into Haller
  • Swap him out for Fornals
This discussion has been closed.