Hammers ⚒ v Man City - “AND IT’S LIVE”

18910111214»

Comments

• I think the offside rule needs to be changed to suit VAR and give the attacking side advantage. I preferred the 'daylight' rule.
  • I think Grey mentioned Jesus position for that goal at the time. It certainly seems to make a mockery of 'not interfering' when the player scores half a second later, but that is the rule for some reason.
  • Having watched it many times I am still struggling to see how sterling was considered to be on side for his second goal
  • edited August 2019
    A question I have been asking myself since the match. The goal which was ruled out. The question was about millimeters apparently. But why? One City Player (could have been Jesus) was way offside when the ball came in and was then passed the ball to score. How can that not be deemes offside? If second phase is enough to have a penalty retaken thenthat surely should have been enough.

Munich, I asked the same question on Saturday as I just couldn't fathom why Jesus wasn't offside as once he received the ball when originally in an offside position he must have then become even more active having gained an unfair advantage. :ok:
  • Interesting that Ederson is in Garth Crooks team of the week, partly due to his double save.

For me though, he only had to make the second (outstanding) save because he didn’t deal with the first properly. He was trying to make a save for the cameras and pushed it out instead of out (over the bar). It’s not even as though Chica caught it properly as it came off his knee.
  • I laughed at Garth/Ederson as well as he made a total of 3 saves. 1 of which was right at him. The second was decent. I can't remember the third.
  • Offside should be for any player, and only be called when there is daylight between them. It’s hard enough to score as a forward, without millimeters being against you. Going to ruin games and players fans frustrated. Need more goals, not less.
  • Offside should either be fully employed (any player not interfering with play should be docked a months pay ;) ) or removed. At present no-one really knows what is acceptable and what is not - that is what frustrates most people (IMO).

The offside of Jesus in the example being referenced is proof of the point.
  • Rice showed his inexperience at times. One thing many have not considered in us not signing a DM is what if Rice struggles this season? He went wandering from his position a few times on Saturday, especially in the lead up to the second goal.
  • But his offensive game includes breaking up play and launching attacks. He did that before their 2nd goal and went for the one two which didn't come off. Cant really knock him for that imo.
  • edited August 2019
    Solution to what?

Replacing Rice?

Or playing next to him instead of Wilshere, Noble or Snoddy?

Is this a player anyone apart from his parents have heard of?

If some random free agent is the answer, I think people need to come up with a better question.
  • We’ve done the desperate sign an out of contract player after the window thing before. I’m struggling to think of a single occasion where it has been anything but a disaster
  • Besides, having named our squad of 25, we wouldn’t be able to play him in the PL even if signed him would we?
  • baracks

Certainly no non-HG players, afaIk.
  • Personally, I thought it was really nice of his brother to write the article ;)
This discussion has been closed.