The 2019/20 EFL Games Thread

2»

Comments

• Cardiff score from a free kick, but it's bizarre: one of their players is between the wall and the keeper, doing star jumps, then ducking after the ball is kicked. Somehow, the lino does not consider this being active...
  • I can't quite believe the officials let that stand. Will be interesting to see if other teams adopt it in the coming weeks.

I mean, what was stopping Flint from doing what he was doing inches in front of the 'keeper? Whether it's 10 inches or 10 yards, that has to be interfering with play, surely?
  • Pelly Ruddock just put Luton one up
  • Luton midfielder Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu created Hatters history on Saturday with his curling strike against Bristol City.
    That goal meant the 26-year-old had scored in four different divisions for the club, since arriving in 2014.
    He has now netted in the National League, League Two, League One and the Championship over seven different campaigns.
    Luton boss Graeme Jones told BBC Three Counties Radio: "He's responded, listened, understood and tried. It doesn't come overnight.
    "You have to make errors in order to improve but he's got this wonderful nature that he'll listen. He'll try to do the right things.
    "He doesn't always succeed but he keeps coming back, keeps wanting to learn and keeps wanting to listen, and he got rewarded today."
  • #PRudz :bowdown:
  • Stoke West Brom on Sky now

Diangana and all that
  • Gareth Barry :nonono:

Older than Slav!
  • Grady tearing the defence apart and getting an assist already. I'm getting sick of watching these sort of players not in our 1st squad now.
  • Say what

OK, I exaggerate a bit. :lol:

Gareth Barry 38, just signed for WBA by manager Slaven Bilic aged 51. (looks like 60).
  • Grady started real well ,great move for the goal ,.but like West ham have not gone to kill the game off ,looking forward to 2nd half and seeing Grady
  • :hmm: Stoke looking like us...…………….that's not a good thing
  • our boy gets a pen ,terrible tackle ……….same old stoke :angry:
  • I thought he was excellent. Nearly always looking to beat a man even if it doesn't always come off. A great nutmeg to win the pen.
  • Hamstew said:

Grady tearing the defence apart and getting an assist already. I'm getting sick of watching these sort of players not in our 1st squad now.

So frustrating. We're crying out for pace, directness and players that are prepared to take on their man. We actually have those players, but Anderson's confidence is shot, Masuaku and Holland aren't getting a look in and Diangana is flourishing elsewhere.

Ps. I still love Slav.
  • Agree frustrating. We don't have a plan B at the moment because those players are either out on loan or not being given a chance.
  • Well at least it's good that one of our loanees is finally getting something out of their loan. Look forward to him next season.
  • Diangana is getting lots of competitive games, which is the point of the loan. Think people are looking at him with rose-tinted glasses. he did good things, and a lot of things that weren't great, didn't come off. I'm happy he's off learning his trade, rather than getting 10 or 15 minutes here or there.
  • That's fine but imo he did most things with a positive attitude and lots came off. No player is going to get everything right.

I never actually said he needs to come back from loan just in case that's what you thought I meant. Not sure if anyone has. More just a frustrating to watch as I think we could do with that option from the bench. When Antonio is back we will have that. Holland however I think we could do with now.

I would rather see Grady stay where he is for the rest of the season and help Slav get back up.
  • edited November 2019
    I think his overall impact was good last season, especially as a sub, even if he wasn't always good. And he did then what we need now, which is to make an impression on the game by being direct, and that's why it's a little bit frustrating to not have him available to us. We have really only three players who do that: Antonio's injured, Masuaku's not playing and Diangana's on loan.

But this loan seems to be doing a lot fo him and I hope he returns competing to start and able to pull off things far more often. New signings and all that.
  • See: Chelsea kids.