Welcome, Pablo Fornals. (Who?)

Comments

• Good hit. But dem defenders :nonono:
  • What a hit son
  • edited June 2019
    Fornals scores again for Spain U21.

Looks like he could be some player
  • As this is West Ham, he will injure himself in the final which will rule him out of action for the role of next season.
  • Ceballos has been running the game, and Fabian has really caught the eye. Fornals hasn't had that much of the ball, but has taken up good positions. Got his goal ghosting into the area, middle of the goal, beating the keeper to the cross.
  • Fornals has mostly played on the left wing tonight.

I would imagine he and Anderson will be switching positions a lot next season.
  • OCS

He starts out there, but he's playing across the front line.
  • He could have had a hattrick tonight. Keeps getting in good positions but his finishing has been a bit sketchy in the second half
  • edited June 2019
    Still, at least he has the instincts to get into position. Finishing can be learned/developed ( a la Sterling.)
  • I would rather sign Rondon for cheap and then blow what money we have left on Ceballos our midfield would look so much better
  • Starts tonight for Spain U21

Hes been bright off the bench so interested to see how he does
  • Champo

He started the last game, against Poland, and looked good.

Tonight, again, his eye for a pass, and ability to deliver, is clear. He seems to have good vision and movement.

Looks like we have a really decent player.
  • Very clever ball with the outside of his foot to set up their fourth.
  • edited June 2019
    Obviously, he'll get a break before coming to us (at least, I assume he will) so wonder when he will be ready to play.
  • After his injure from falling on a rock at the beach so my guess would be march :biggrin: ............................ :sofa:
  • Obviously, he'll get a break

Of the leg, if he really wants to fit in at West Ham.

But if he somehow manages to avoid that, I think he, along with Masuaku and Balbuena, are due to start training with us on the 14th July. Those who played in earlier tournaments or qualifiers (Fab, Rice, Cullen and Arnie) are due back on the 7th. For everyone else it's Monday.
  • edited June 2019
    Our new boy's U21 Spain team are on live tonight on Sky in the UEFA U21 Championship final vs Germany. Might get a chance to see him.
  • edited June 2019
    MNLH

He's certainly looked decent so far. I've enjoyed watching the other games - Spain have a pretty decent team.
  • What times it on?
  • Nice one Greyerz :thumbsup:
  • Liam Rosenior on Fornals: “Fans should be excited especially from what I’ve seen at this tournament. He seems like the complete midfield player. He can score goals, he can link play, he can make assists he has got fantastic technique.”
  • He had a quieter time in the final, but that was mainly down to Spain not using the left hand side much. What impressed me was that, in spite of the lack of service/use, he continued to make runs, and take up positions, and track back on his man. I honestly think he will turn out to be a star for us.
  • grey with the kiss of death
  • :nonono:

Surely, just once, I can get something right? :weep:
  • Is that Maxi Gómez driving the little yellow car?
  • No he's taking the picture
  • Called up the Spain squad. Well deserved.