Premier League Fixtures 2019/20 season

Comments

• Should have gone for a double on City first game and away on Boxing Day
  • edited June 2019

Baracks :ok: Our last two seasons have begun with 4-0 hammerings. That can't be a good way to start a season. If we were to get, for arguments sake, Brighton at home and got ourselves a 4-0 win, our confidence going into the following games would obviously be a lot higher

But we lost the first 4 games - confidence must have been at rock bottom?
    And then we beat Everton away 3-1 and drew with Chelsea next.

A bit later, we beat Macclesfield 8-0. and Man U 3-1. Confidence high?

Next match, we went to Brighton and lost 1-0.

I think the impact of results on confidence levesl is not as clear cut as you suggest, and I think the impact f confidence on results is, clearly, not as straightforawrd.

I don't think confidence (compared to other factors) is that important.
  • Liverpool home to Norwich
  • Man City’s defense of the title gets off to a tricky start at the London stadium image
  • Man City at home 1st suppose we can get it out away early
  • Complete fix. Away on Boxing Day again I see.
  • Should have gone for a double on City first game and away on Boxing Day

Unlikely?
    Boxing Day is the 19th game, and the fixtures (usually) don't reverse until 20th.
  • Complete fix. Away on Boxing Day again I see.

Home on New Years Day again I see.
  • edited June 2019
    MrsGrey said:

I don't think you can calculate the odds, because it's not a random draw.

You’re sure right it’s not random! It’s a fix, I tells ya!
  • edited June 2019
    MrsGrey said:

Should have gone for a double on City first game and away on Boxing Day

Unlikely?
    Boxing Day is the 19th game, and the fixtures (usually) don't reverse until 20th.
    I meant West Ham playing away on Boxing Day, not playing City away
  • :ok: Gotcha.
  • edited June 2019
    12:30 Saturday so live on BT Sport. Cool, if I'm working I can watch it before I have to go in.
  • Other than March the fixtures don't look too bad certainly kinder than last years
  • Can't have us interfering with the Boxing day shoppers can we.
  • edited June 2019

Other than March the fixtures don't look too bad certainly kinder than last years

I was thinking the Feb games looked a bit trickier, back to back away games at City+Liverpool :ok:

Villa at home, last day of the season.
  • Man City at home then.Happy with that,they always start a bit cold and we always hit the ground running.Anyway, there not all that are they?
    3 points in the bank. ;)
  • My Citeh mate is very unhappy about this too image
  • Of course city at home to complete the top 6 in the last 6 years opening game of the season. 100% rigged.
  • The Boxing day game can't be a surprise, Shirley? It was never going to be a home fixture.

Its numbers thing.

Far too many people to control from a full football stadium and a full shopping center.

We will never have a home boxing day fixture again.
  • Always:-

1) look at the first game of the season
    2) look at the boxing day game
    3) look at the last game of the season
    4) look at the best and worst month run in.

Man City should be our first game of the season to keep up with tradition, after facing the other 5 of the top 6 teams for the last 5 seasons.

CALLED IT
  • That's not a bad run of fixtures overall.
  • It was the “not bad” fixtures last season that caused us the most problems.
  • edited June 2019
    At least our last game is at Home, could also be interesting re Villa, they might need the points to stay up..
  • edited June 2019
    For the last few seasons we've looked at games in batches of 8 to determine what is and isn't acceptable, so I've chopped the games into batches to have a look at.

If you look at it in 8's, our start is pretty favourable. Our two toughest games are at home.

The toughest sets are 9-16 (Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, Wolves, Arsenal) and 25-32 (City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea)
  • Overall a decent run throughout the season. Just a shame that we have City at home as it basically gives us a 1 in 10 chance of winning as opposed to a 50-50 shot. It’s nice looking forward to the season kick-off instead of thinking, it could start with a hammering.

But I suppose that shows a pretty poor attitude from me. :lol:
  • March and December look like the hardest months but overall its not a bad fixture list only a couple cases of back to back fixtures against the top 6.
  • Don’t Man City always score at least 4 goals at the London Stadium?
  • Hamstew said:

So it's Chelsea we had first game a few season back and not Man City. In that case it will 100% be City that we get.

:whistle:
  • Loss btw
  • Why does the BBC headline tell us who Liverpool have got first, rather than who the defending champions have got first?