Women's World Cup

13»

Comments

• It’s all about opinions, but I don’t think we played particularly well - passing was not great (admittedly from both sides). The better side won though. So personally I wouldn’t compare this to say the men’s Euro 96 or Italia 90, where England played very well against a top opponent who also played very well and we only fell short on penalties.
  • Our defending and passing whole tournament was abysmal. Always felt a decent side would take us which happened.
  • Womens football is massive in the USA and their womens team is the best in the world. They were much better organised and a bit more street wise in seeing the game out. England however gave them a really good game and fine margins maybe on another day. The better team won but I think the womens game has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years even Man Utd have only just got a womens team so I think the England can improve further. I enjoyed watching them play more than I thought I would and in a few years I can see them winning something