Pre-season Schedule and games

Comments

• Best get a good a lead as possible before sterling, de Bruyne and sane come on

:lol:
  • Citeh's Angelino with as handy a handball as you could imagine, after nice feet from Anderson put him on his backside.

Nobes buries the pen.

:goal:
  • thats a pen not given

• VAR and that's a stonewall 2nd pen against Angelino on Fredericks.
  • we need to target him
  • now 1-1 ggrrh
  • Pen to City

Some pretty average reffing going on in this
  • 2-1 City
  • edited July 2019
    never a pen , actually yes dumb defending
  • edited July 2019
    Citeh equalise with a terrific goal, but they shouldn't have had the chance if Pawson got the pen right.
  • I mean that's classic West Ham. Should have had a second pen then bam
  • edited July 2019
    Now Pawson buys a pen from Citeh that was clearly a dive... :angry:

Where's VAR when you need it?
  • pathman

Didn't see Oggy do anything wrong. He was backing off and the Citeh player ran over his leg.
  • We're playing some very nice stuff going forwards, just not able to finish them off.
  • edited July 2019
    We certainly need our new striker but at least we’ve scored against them for a change
  • pathman

Didn't see Oggy do anything wrong. He was backing off and the Citeh player ran over his leg.

agree but as you know any excuse to give citee a pen, just like the PL
  • We clearly need a good quality striker with the ability to finish

Wait, hang on a minute....
  • Clearly the better, sharper side. But a pretty terrible duo of decisions to deny us a pen at 0-1 & then hand them one straight up the other end. Other than that, a good half from us.
  • 45 mins, good work out, no injuries.

:phew:
  • To be honest, watching this & the back end of last season, Antonio's new position should be as a forward.

Haller, Hernandez & Antonio as our forward options, then spend the rest of whatever budget we have on reinforcing the middle of midfield & the back line.
  • At work annoyingly. Can anyone fill me in on who's done well/not well other than Anderson?
  • studio guests agree our second one a pen theirs is not
  • edited July 2019

At work annoyingly. Can anyone fill me in on who's done well/not well other than Anderson?

Anderson has been wasteful giving the amount of play he has had. Clearly quality, though.

Wilshere, Fredericks, Johnson, Antonio have all caught my eye. Noble & Rice solid. Lanzini a bit in & out. Back four a bit suspect as a unit whenever City attack. One good save from Roberto early on.

Some nice movements & triangles throughout the side. We look sharp giving it is mid July.
  • Fredericks has been the stand out
  • Welove

For me, Wilshere for sure, but Antonio, Lanzini and Nobes have all looked handy.

No one's looked a liability, imo.
  • Hamstew said:

Fredericks has been the stand out

Defensively or offensively? (or both)
  • pathman

:ok:

Exactly the situations VAR is for - no one watching them back would agree with the initial decision.
  • subs :lol:
    City - de Bruyne, Sterling Sane + Bernard Silva.
  • This could get tasty!
  • Don’t worry Sanchez will have them covered. 😀
This discussion has been closed.