Pre-season Schedule and games

Comments

• Adam - it's meant to be on Facebook, but no sign so far.

Try the links on the stream thread.
  • I know it's pre-season, and he's scored, but Sanchez looks like a defensive error waiting to happen...
  • I know it's pre-season, and he's scored, but Sanchez looks like a defensive error waiting to happen...

He's been poor.

Oh, and Antonio :wahoo:
  • That was a fantastic ball from Marky Mark, and lovely take from Antonio.

:antonio:
  • The match is on Facebook, great stream, we’re 2-0 up.
  • Early days, but terrible defending.
  • Don't think we can read too much into our shape (or occasional lack of it...)
  • Anderson and Antonio playing really well, creating chances.
  • Horrendous Eurovision goal music
  • Half time 1-2
  • Watching with Spanish comms. Guy feeling obliged to do the 'Gooooooooooool' thing, but his heart isn't really in it.
  • Realised that the FB thing is only available in the UK. (need a VPN)
  • Watching with Spanish comms. Guy feeling obliged to do the 'Gooooooooooool' thing, but his heart isn't really in it.

Watching with Spanish comms. Guy feeling obliged to do the 'Gooooooooooool' thing, but his heart isn't really in it.

It's a Mexican channel.

Wait til Cicha comes on - the commentator may do himself a damage :wahoo:
  • 2nd half starters

• Still awesome at defending I see :lol:
  • Loss btw
  • Is it just me or is it amazing with how much intensity we are playing?
  • Diop :wahoo:
  • Crikey even we would be appalled by that quality of defending!
  • Diop + Johnson going for the full 90 mins??? :nonono:
  • 2-2

Where's the 2-3 goal update? :wink:
  • Wilshere comfortably the best player on the pitch this evening. Really need to keep him fit this season.

Sanchez was poor. Just not convinced he's adequate back up to Rice.

Good to see Reid back out there, and some decent performances from Johnson, Noble, Diop and Anderson too.
  • edited July 2019
    In spite of being the first pre-season game, and playing different teams in each half, I thought we showed a quality about parts of our forward play that has been missing in previous pre-season games. We now have technically better players, better coached, which bodes well for the season.

Liked the look of Johnson, and while Diangana is still a bit lightweight, he has some lovely skills.
  • I was quite impressed with Diangana. Wilshere was obviously motm
  • The skill level and interplay (esp down our left) was amazing
  • Byram looked ok
  • edited July 2019
    Sanchez has simply never been good enough, why we ever signed him baffles me!
  • Because he didn't turn us down to go to a club that had European competition?
This discussion has been closed.