Pre-season Schedule and games

Comments

• Jay :ok:

He may never return to the Winston of old, but he deserves, given his service, to not see his Hammers career peter out into nothingness & end with a whimper.

One last season. If he can’t get back to his best or force his way in, we can say our farewells next summer. One of my fave players still.
  • Lukerz :ok:

As fans, we hope for loyalty from players, so I like to see the club showing loyalty to players.

• Jack Wilshere to Joe Powell:

You know I'm standing in a hole, right?
  • Trainer with stopwatch:

Blimey, Jacks lasting well.
  • Nice.

Better than getting your ear flicked :wink:
  • Dekkers and Fab joined up with the squad in Switzerland this evening :wahoo:
  • edited July 2019

:nonono:

• Hernandez is all bit staying then. He's taking the No9 shirt next season, with Yarmo taking No7.

I'd have thought either would have been kept spare for our marquee striker, but evidently not.

Also, Hugill isn't going on the China tour. How bad must he be?! Our forwards for China are listed as Antonio, Anderson, Yarmo and Hernandez.
  • Hugill doesn't even make the pre-season tour? "you hate to see it"
  • OCS

In answer to your Hugill question, if you go by the OS, evidently his touch in and around the green is pretty good from golf perspective. Sadly for Pelle and WH this isn’t what we are paying him to be good at.
  • edited July 2019

It's ok we've got 4 forwards :lol:
  • How fantastic to see Reid’s name on that list.
  • Hamstew said:

It's ok we've got 4 forwards :lol:

No Oxford, Holland or Silva either :hmm:
  • We are not taking Fornals either so he won’t meet up with us until August
  • We are not taking Fornals either so he won’t meet up with us until August

Pablo Fornals, Fabian Balbuena and Arthur Masuaku have been given time off following a busy summer of international commitments with Spain U21s, Paraguay and DR Congo respectively, and will link up with the squad on their return to Rush Green on 22 July. :ok:

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/july/10-july/west-ham-name-premier-league-asia-trophy-squad#3BZXmrwUr2DMc7Ls.99
  • Odd that 25 is the max capacity

You often see squads of 30/35 on these types of tours

Wouldve liked to see a few more youth players there
  • The match against SCR Altach tomorrow will be streamed on our official website.

Let’s hope we don’t lose like we did last season against Winterthur!
  • Odd that 25 is the max capacity

There's only so many seats in business class and no one wanted to fly economy...

• Match day :wahoo:
  • Such a shame that the snaky arnautovic isn't here, the cashpoint stadium is just so apt for him

:angry:
  • West Ham attempting to live stream a game day :weep:
  • Cresswell not even named on the bench for this afternoon's game.

Our first injury of the season :wahoo:
  • :doh:

Oh, Byram. I'd forgotten about him.
  • edited July 2019
    So, we're thinking the full 45 mins for the starters, then a whole lotta shuffling of the remaining players for the 2nd half with most getting 20 mins and a few getting 40/45?

It's less of a match and more of an open training session, really, at this stage.
  • Cresswell not even named on the bench for this afternoon's game.

Our first injury of the season :wahoo:

Left out 'as a precaution' acc to OS.
  • Is the game streaming now? I can’t see it.
  • Sanchez :wahoo:
  • Adam said:

Is the game streaming now? I can’t see it.

I was watching it on the app. But it's crashed now
This discussion has been closed.